Brake034

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Gents,

OK, here is it, Phil has been asking for it sometime now so here is my personal introduction.
My name is Marcel and I have been married with Pun for about 23 years now.

Pun is from the Thoeng area in the Chiang Rai province.
She left to seek a better life in Europe 25 years ago, instead of that she ended up with old grumpy me....We have two daughters together, both real Thai/Farang mix in their own manner.

I have been driving motorbikes since my 18th and I hope to be 51 soon.
I have always been fond of classic English bikes like my Velocette 500 Venom, my Norton ES2 and my ’72 BSA A65 Lightning (my really first motorbike).
I have also owned a Honda 550 K3, a BMW R100RS, a Harley Sportster and a Suzuki Van Van.

Also I grew fond of real classic Triumph sportscars, I have owned a fantastic 1972 Triumph TR6 in Mallard Blue (now lives in Italy), an unrestored black TR4 (now lives in Switzerland) and a super original 1958 powder blue (my baby) TR3A.

Due to major health issues and life change time my wife and I decided to sell EVERYTHING (family house, company) we had in Holland and shift from 5-6th gear into 3rd gear.
We will be living most part of the year in Thailand and in the summer months in Holland.

When I arrived in Thailand me and my wife found I was stripped of hobbies, knowing these great roads in the Rai are perfect for motorcycles a new old hobby grew naturally on me.
It took serious consideration (Kawa KLX, Honda CRF or shall I buy a nice Royal Enfield 350cc without papers????) but I decided to buy a real classic thumper, a Suzuki DR650 of 1995, fully documented.

In other postz I will brief you on the history of the bike and the upcoming mods and planned trips.

As a true autistic person my answers and replies on this forum may sound too rude or direct, even for a Dutchman, I do apologize upfront for my rudeness. However I hope to play an active role in the forum and would like to help out organizing meetings and rides. Look forward to meet you all then!

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the introduction, welcome to the forum and hope to meet you sometime in the near future.

Lone Rider

welcome to forum
plz lemme have go on yr venom
or I get dyslexic ryl quik
There are people who speak English as first language, there are others who are less fortunate.
So please explain your joke for the non native speakers??

Autistic?

I think your English is pretty damn good mate, but you may wanna correct that typo!

Apologies, Marcel, too much beer

i always wanted to ride a venom, my friend used to have one.

I dont know smith residence

Some will have understood, the Suzi DR650 is going back to the original owner soon.

So I was looking to buy an affordable road bike as I disliked the DR's high center of gravity.

Now I believe to have found a nice replacement in a Tiger 250RS and I hope it will arrive at my home in a week or so.

The previous owner took meticulous care of the bike and I hope to do the same and maintain his standards of TLC.

Here it is:
a>

Sorry to hear you are letting the DR go but i guess it makes sense, hope you are able to get out and about on your new mount Marcel and maybe we can get a ride together.

Bob, I am letting go of the Suzi with mixed feelings, it is a great bike in many (some difficult) aspects.
Yes, I hope we can do a ride together but you first get your arm back into shape....

The Tiger will be send by post from Khon Kaen to Thoeng, ETA is next week Friday.
KK license cannot be transferred at local Thoeng DLT but can be done at Chiang Rai DLT, will also apply for a CR registration.

Arrived today at the post office Thoeng, in the quoted week delivery. There were about 5 other scooters so I guess they transport them on fixed days together?
Took off the protection, connected the battery and put some fuel in it and started right up.
a>

We did a short testdrive for lunch together, then push her in the garage next to the DR650, there is a bit of height difference.
a>

a>

Longer testdrive solo in the next few days, Pun is starting a new construction project which also requires attention.....

Thanks Phil, the next few days gonna take her up the 1155, 1093....
See if she (and I) can handle that.

Thanks Alex, tomorrow I plan to do a short trip to see how it handles, this depending on health as always.
Follow the meandering Mae Nam Ing from Thoeng towards the Phaya Mengrai direction, as a flatlander I need some downhill experience :?

The previous owner said the rear tire needs replacement but actually it looks pretty good after 13.500 KM.
Seems to be a hard compound tire, consider buying a set of Heidenau K66's for it.

Enjoy your new ride Marcel.

Take a look at the Pirelli MT 60 for the CRF

The Heidenau tires are pretty good in my opinion and cheaper then Pirelli though Bob's suggestion is great if you like a little better performance.

The Heidenau K60 are very similar to the MT60 but if you are doing more road riding I would suggest the K76 as a capable off-road but good road traction. Would be my choice if I had the 250M

Thanks Bob, the MT60 does not come in identical 17" sizes fitted to the CRF250M.

Up front I would need to select the MT60 (rated as rear tire) in the size 110/90-17 instead of the IRC 110/70-17.
The rear tire would be in the size 130/80-17 instead of the IRC 130/70-17.

The MT60 RS Corsa in 120/70-17 front and 160/60-17 rear is also an option but not sure that rear tire will fit?

Test drive of 2 hour and 115 kilometer.

The deserted "dream" project at the Mae Nam Ing river, the Rim Ing Country Club has 4 deserted bungalows on about 80 rai, the project never opened for business......
image.jpg

A monument for the fight against communism (I think) at the foot of HW1155 to Phu Chee Fah.
image.jpg

Great to see you out and about on the Honda, and congratulations on your first ride report Marcel:clapping:

Ha! That one must have slipped between the cracks Marcel :giving:

Back from Chiang Rai DLT office to get a local license number/plate, on my way home I stopped at Phu Chaang park, near Phaya Mengrai, they were burning the fields so I did not get close to the big stone.
PC230602mod1.jpg

PC230600mod1.jpg

I will be in Europe till the 15th of December, let me know if you need anything I can bring or send from here.

Back
Top Bottom