Border crossing into Vietnam by motorbike

chrisynok

Border crossing into Vietnam by motorbike

Any bike up to any size cc

Minimum 1 month booking in advance

Max trip duration 30 days

Update: This is the latest legal requirements to enter Vietnam by a border crossing on a motorbike registered outside of Vietnam

.What riders have to organize:

1. Copy of original & international drivers licence
  2. Copy of Passport and complete visa.
  3. Photo of the bike
  4. Copy of the registration papers of the bike/ownership papers.
  5. Organized packaged tour through a tour agent with a complete itinerary including a tour guide

What Flamingo travel will organize:

1. We will send all your details to the military police and Transportation Minister ‘s office to conduct your tour, who will process the application to ensure you are completely legal to drive in Vietnam
  2. We will send a member of our staff 3 days before to the border to prepare the documents for your arrival (This is the legal requirement)
  3. At the border we arrange the required temporary number plates and registration papers for your bikes. Please note when crossing back over the border you will have to give back any number plates and registration documents.
  4. We will organize your packaged tour to meet all the requirements.

If you have any question you can leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer you or email me directly: chris@flamingotravel.vn
-
FLAMINGO TRAVEL
Head office in Hanoi
Add:# 66 Dao Duy Tu Str, Hanoi , Vietnam
Tel: +84.4 3926 0938 Fax: +84.4 3926 0938
Hand phone: +84.912 214 554
Email: info@flamingotravel.vn Website: www.flamingotravel.com.vn

The total cost to arrange all the necessary documents is $1100. So if you have a max group number of 6 people it’s only $184 per rider (Any Pillions don't have to pay). The price for a package tour varies and depends on the itinerary and the number of riders in a group. The package tour includes the following:

•· Accommodation
•· Local English Speaking guide
•· Breakfast, lunch and dinner

One more option is to leave any motorbikes at a secure location at the border. You can then rent any motorbikes through a company of your choice, who will be able to arrange the motorbikes to be delivered at the Vietnamese border. Depending on the bikes and the group size this could actually be a more expensive way of arranging the tour. There are many kind of loops, especially in the North of Vietnam, where you can complete a trip and drop of the bikes in the same locations.

If you have any questions or concerns or would like a price on a package tour please contact us directly and we will be more than happy to help.

Chris

Below I have listed some of the main borders that are available to cross. The officials at these borders have experience in dealing with foreigners!

- Southern:

1. Moc Bai border- Tay Ninh provice.
2. Le Thanh border - Binh Phuoc provice.

- Central highland;
1. Bo Y border - Kon Tum provice.

- Middle Vietnam:
1. Cau Treo border- Ha Tinh provice
2. Lao Bao border - Quang Tri provice.
3. Na Meo border - Thanh Hoa provice.

- Northern
1. Tay Trang border - Dien Bien Phu provice.

Below I have listed some of the main borders that are available to cross. The officials at these borders have experience in dealing with foreigners!

- Southern:

1. Moc Bai border- Tay Ninh provice.
2. Le Thanh border - Binh Phuoc provice.

- Central highland;
1. Bo Y border - Kon Tum provice.

- Middle Vietnam:
1. Cau Treo border- Ha Tinh provice
2. Lao Bao border - Quang Tri provice.
3. Na Meo border - Thanh Hoa provice.

- Northern
1. Tay Trang border - Dien Bien Phu provice.

Not sure where you got this info from, but my personal experience at the Bo Y border tells a different story about being able to drive/ride your own vehicle across the border into Vietnam.

I have travelled into Vietnam by car, registered in Laos both times via Bo Y and both times in 2012. First time was no problem, although the junior official didn't really know what to do but the senior official then processed the temporary import papers for us within moments. Second time they refused us, stating that only a Lao driver could drive a Lao car into Vietnam! Sounded like a rule they made up as they went along in order to reject us. They claimed it was a new rule that hadn't been in place before then. In the end we had to turn around and head back to Laos.

Still, I have heard of at least one report of a foreigner from a third country driving a Lao car across that border without a Lao driver present a few weeks later, but am still skeptical of both the law and why he was apparently able to drive across when I wasn't.

All that is certain about crossing into Vietnam with your own vehicle is it's uncertainty.

Cambodia to Viet Nam

Can anyone give some up to date info about crossing into VN from Cambodia with my bike. My bike is 400cc and registered in Cambodia and I have a Cambodian license. Is it hassle free yet? Does it still cost a small fortune to do it?

Re: Cambodia to Viet Nam

Can anyone give some up to date info about crossing into VN from Cambodia with my bike. My bike is 400cc and registered in Cambodia and I have a Cambodian license. Is it hassle free yet? Does it still cost a small fortune to do it?

I know Xa Xia/Ha Tien allows it - plenty of Cambodian bikes crossing into Vietnam there, mostly small bikes but occasionally bigger bikes as well, this is from personal experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beddhist Vietnam Information 2
Back
Top Bottom