BMW OEM Spares

M1Tanker

Bikes
2008 BMW R1200GSA
I am looking for BMW OEM spares that are actually in Thailand. I recently went to BMW Cherdchai Autohaus in Korat and Barcelona Motors in Bangkok looking to see if they had an OEM torx screw for the OEM luggage racks on my 2008 R1200GS Adventure. Neither dealership had the screws in stock, not even the mechanics had the screw in their bench stock. Barcelona motors ordered the screws (I ordered four and the four nuts with fixed washers) and about 45-50 days later I had the parts.

I now need the left side threaded bracket (item 14 below) that holds the clutch control assembly and the left side mirror mounts into. The part number is 32 72 7673917.

Clutch Clutch Control Parts.jpg

Who would stock a part like that?

Are used BMW parts available here in Thailand?

Where is the best place to source BMW spares?

This probably does not help much but was posted on one of the bike sites in 2011

I usually order the parts I need from abroad myself as none of the big bike shops in Thailand stock much in the way of parts for imported bikes. On occasion I've ordered OEM Suzuki parts via Red Baron (http://www.redbaronbkk.com/) who source directly from Japan and I've been pleasantly surprised that the final price is often less than if I order the same part from the US and pay shipping and duty. Other shops that can order parts for you include Dirt Shop and 59 Bike and no doubt there are plenty of others. DR Bike (http://www.dr-bikebangkok.com/store/) is a friendly place and no doubt they can order parts as well, but they specialize mostly in "cruiser" type bikes, so if that's what you ride, perhaps they are a good choice. For sport bikes I'd recommend Chicane or Red Baron.

Even the Thai dealerships who sell imported bikes, such as Yamaha, Ducati, BMW and Triumph keep very little stock on hand so when replacement parts are required they usually have to order from abroad and delivery can sometimes take weeks or even months. I was a bit shocked when owners of these expensive brands have been forced to wait such a long time to get their bikes back on the road because the companies chose to ship the parts surface rather than air.

Back
Top Bottom