BMW 300 ???

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
BMW 'concept' going after the CB300 / Duke 390 / Etc smaller urban starter bike segment ??

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/...new-single-in-concept-stunt-g-310-motorcycle/

BMW-Concept-Stunt-G-310-fir-682x1024.jpg

Looks like a good urban / bar hopper..

Wonder what the sizing and price will be like..

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/bmw-concept-stunt-g-310/

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...lId=6&id=T0236886EN&left_menu_item=node__4316

^^ That image is the BMW custom boxer they did a while back..

http://www.mcnews.com.au/bmw-g-310/

BMW-Concept-Stunt-G-310-1-1024x634.jpg

I like its 'duke-esque' look.. But is it a full size bike or a 3/4 like the duke 390s.. Also wheres it being made which will define any local pricing.. Lastly.. BMW sales and service... URRRGGGG..

Its a nice concept.. Just wonder what it looks like when they actually sell it, and what its priced at..

Sure as asphalt and rubber is saying, this is the result of BMW's cooperation with TVS in India, there is a huge market for such bikes.
Maybe not in Europe or in the USA but in other area's like India, South America, Asia maybe even Africa there is a big market.

Looks like its really coming - BMW Motorrad G 310 R

P90202623-bmw-motorrad-g-310-r-11-2015-600px.jpg

BMW Motorrad G 310 R (11/2015)Show all media

The new BMW G 310 R - the first BMW roadster under 500 cc.
One cylinder, low weight, powerful dynamic performance - the BMW G 310 R embodies the pure essence of a BMW roadster: it has neither too little nor too much of anything. Pragmatic in the best sense of the word, it offers precisely what is needed - for dynamic performance and comfort, both in town and out in the country. The BMW G 310 R takes these essential qualities into a capacity segment that is new to BMW Motorrad. As a genuine BMW roadster it masters a range of disciplines: it is just as happy winding its way nimbly and flexibly through the narrow streets of a city as it is travelling supremely and powerfully along country roads. And thanks to its exceptionally low level of fuel consumption and a relaxed, comfortable seating position, it offers the welcome capability of being able to cover a long distance at a time.
At home on the roads of the world.
Newly conceived from scratch, the G 310 R represents everything BMW Motorrad stands for: innovation, quality and of course many years of carefree partnership with its owner. Designed specifically for the world market, the BMW G 310 R can run on the most diverse fuel qualities, meets all emission standards and local requirements - and takes the typical BMW premium aspiration to the segment under 500 cc.
Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R.
The powerfully expressive design of the BMW G 310 R instantly reveals its agile, dynamic character, making a clear statement within its own segment. It has an unmistakeable visual kinship with athletic family members such as the BMW S 1000 R. The small headlamp mask with striking headlamp, dynamically modelled fuel tank trim elements and characteristic roadster proportions with a striking front section and dynamic rear give the BMW G 310 R a mature presence on the road. Precisely modelled surfaces define the dynamic side view. The compact, dynamic proportions and the short wheelbase promise fast changes of direction, while the high rear conveys a lightness that is suggestive of the bike's sporty genes. In spite of the clearly visible naked bike character of the BMW G 310 R, the side surfaces in body colour create a closed silhouette in athletic style. High-end details such as a standard upside-down fork, quality materials, supplementary fittings and excellent workmanship all reflect the finest within the segment, clearly underscoring the premium aspiration of the BMW G 310 R.
Innovative single-cylinder engine for dynamic riding fun and suitability for a broad range of uses worldwide.
The centrepiece of the new BMW G 310 R is a completely newly developed 313 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with four valves and two overhead camshafts together with electronic fuel injection. The capacity of 313 cc results from a bore of 80 millimetres and a stroke of 62.1 millimetres.
The striking feature of the engine is its backward-tilted cylinder in open-deck design with the cylinder head turned by 180 degrees, making it possible to position the intake tract at the front, viewed in the direction of travel. With an output of 25 kW (34 hp) at 9 500 rpm and a maximum torque of 28 Nm at 7 500 rpm, the engine of the new G 310 R is a very dynamic partner in conjunction with the low unladen weight of 158.5 kilograms according to DIN.
Sophisticated ergonomics and an easy ride response.
The new G 310 R offers a markedly relaxed seating position for relaxed, stress-free and easy-going motorcycling. As is characteristic of BMW Motorrad, all switches and controls are simple and secure to handle. Great importance was attached to easy and safe operation, taking into account the most diverse rider anatomies.
It banks with ultimate agility yet always remains neutral and predictable. It masters lengthy bends and fast passages with directional stability, displaying athletic talent without any loss of comfort. Extremely compact and with a broad spectrum ranging from comfortable to sporty and dynamic, the new G 310 R simply opens up a whole new world of experience in its segment when it comes to ride response.
Rigid tubular steel frame, upside-down fork and long swinging arm for a high degree of ride stability, precise steering response and sound handling. In terms of suspension, the new G 310 R has a torsionally stiff, highly robust tubular steel frame in grid structure with bolt-on rear frame. The front wheel suspension is taken care of by a solid upside-down fork while at the rear there is an aluminium swinging arm in conjunction with a spring strut that is mounted on it directly.
High-performance brake system, ABS as standard and multifunction instrument cluster.
Like all BMW motorcycles, the new G 310 R is fitted with ABS as standard. It combines a powerful brake system with 2-channel ABS. At the front wheel, a single-disc brake with radially bolted 4-piston fixed caliper and a brake disc diameter of 300 millimetres ensures powerful and stable deceleration. At the rear, this function is performed by a 2-piston floating caliper in conjunction with a 240-millimetre brake disc. The G 310 R instrument cluster has a large liquid crystal display that offers excellent clarity and a wide range of information.
The highlights of the new BMW G 310 R:

• Innovative liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with two overhead camshafts, backward-tilted cylinder and intake tract positioned at the front.
  • Output 25 kW (34 hp) at 9 500 rpm and a maximum torque of 28 Nm at 7 500 rpm.
  • Rigid tubular steel frame, upside-down fork and long swinging arm for a high degree of ride stability, precise steering response and sound handling.
  • Tyres 110/70 R 17 at front and 150/60 R 17 at rear.
  • High-performance brake system and ABS as standard.
  • Sophisticated ergonomics and multifunctional instrument cluster.
  • Low seat height of just 785 millimetres.
  • Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R.
  • Developed in Munich by BMW Motorrad - produced in India by cooperation partner TVS Motor Company.
  • Individually tailored optional accessories in the familiar high quality typical of BMW Motorrad.

313 CC 34 horses at 9500rpm

12241787_1026626464025413_4570957923713321741_n.jpg

12208625_1026626480692078_4096378536382197978_n.jpg

12195981_1026626190692107_8062696960197428717_n.jpg

Cheesy and a little clichéd...

[video=youtube_share;KTaizs4fRDs]http://youtu.be/KTaizs4fRDs[/video]

Take off the BMW badges and it could be anything , cheap chinese copy bike , or a Honda or Suzuki ,,,but it will sell to newby bikers and name junkies in shed loads

No just a 21 century reporter, they made a 250 cc single, one cycle of their 500 boxer twin,the rest pretty much the same as the 500, back when black was the color spectrum.

Take off the BMW badges and it could be anything , cheap chinese copy bike , or a Honda or Suzuki ,,,but it will sell to newby bikers and name junkies in shed loads

Agree, it could be a cheap Chinese copy, a Honda, a Kawasaki or a Yamaha, but not a Suzuki - their design department couldn't come up with anything good-looking! :)

At first I thought it looked like a v-twin but after watching the video it's clear that the cylinder is leaning backwards!

That's something the Japs wouldn't have come up with!

Looks like Honda are getting in on the act too with the CB300x model

View attachment 40523

I've been interested in this bike for some time now, it addresses all the gripes I have with my CRF250M - better seating position, bigger tank, a real seat for long distance riding and mags instead of spokes. If it has the suspension comparable to the CRF it would be the only bike I'd sell my CRF for!
It's also designed for the Indian market, no idea if it will ever get here.

BMW G310 from the Motorbike Festival in BBK today, 27 Jan 2016

Untitled by Wayne 66, on Flickr

It felt quite comfortable for the short time I was sat on it
They reckon priced around 200.000 Baht, can't remember if the said April or August for availability in Thailand

Wayne

As far as I know still no official price for this little bike ... It looks like many of the new bikes like from KTM, Yamaha and Kawasaki.
It looks to me that TVS on Monday makes KTM, Tuesday BWM, Wednesday Benelli, Thursday ....

It also looks to me that for a bit of comfortable touring it lacks power and comfort. The same things I am missing at my Z250.
And it is just a little bit less weight as a nice F800R (nice low seat for my short legs).

Looks like BMW 310 gs coming and will be built in India... Might be a fantastic cheap bike to buy in India ???

bmw-g-310-gs-spy-shots_827x510_51475306169 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

If their price estimate is right, would be USD$ 4,500 in India.

As far as the mechanicals go, we believe that the G 310 GS will have the same 313cc, single-cylinder engine which churns out 34bhp and 28Nm of torque that is on the G 310 R. In all probability, the BMW G 310 GS will be making its official debut at the EICMA Motorcycle Show to be held in Milan, Italy. Expect the motorcycle to come to India sometime in 2017. If BMW really wants to grab a substantial slice of the entry-level ADV motorcycles in India, it should keep the pricing under ₹ 3 lakh.
Source: Motociclismo.it

bmw-g-310-gs-spy-shots_827x510_71475306136 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

bmw-g-310-gs-spy-shots_827x510_51475306090 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bmw-g-310-gs-spyshots-emerge-online-1398416

Back
Top Bottom