Bit of a hill and onto the single track at Khao Mai Kaeo

garethw

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
After spending the last few weeks on the sandy flat ish trails around Pattaya, we headed out to the single track at Khao Mai Kaeo, via one of the high points that over looks Pattaya and down the coast towards Rayong. This is the 2nd time my wife has been up the hill, the first time had a slight fall but this time she took her KLX 140 up with no dramas at all. Looking at the GPS it rises 150 ish metres in about 1.5km. On a clear day the view is amazing up there.

DSC00009.jpgDSC00010.jpg

Once we had descended via a slightly different route that takes you around the side of the hill it was off to Khao Mai Kaeo, virtually all off road apart from a short ride up the 331.

I really enjoy the single track there, negotiating the tight turns, over hanging trees, rocks and tree roots is great. I only intended to do the smaller 4 KM bottom loop then head off for some lunch before retracing our tyre tracks home. However due to failing eyesight and inability to see the Garmin 62s screen I took a wrong turning and we ended up hitting the harder ascent at the beginning of the bigger 10 Km loop. I got the rear wheel stuck and once freed continued on to stop somewhere safe. At this point I couldn't hear my wife's engine so started walking back down the slope.

I found her trying to get her bike going again after coming off. She'd lifted it back up but I think had flooded the carb and it wasn't starting. Got her up and running and she rode up to where I had stopped. A double check on the GPS and I realised I'd taken a wrong turn. I suggested we turn back and head down which was met with an OK. So back we go, we find the motocross track that has been made there, a couple of laps of that then time to head home.

Just under 80km virtually all off road of varying terrain, from dirt roads, deep sandy tracks, washed out gullies and single track. Considering she only sat on a dirt bike 12 weeks ago then didn't ride again for 6 weeks I think she's doing good. There is already mutterings of more power or a bigger bike, but the limiting factor is her height or lack off!!!!

Looks like great fun, I enjoyed watching the videos. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll defiantly have to get myself one of the helmet cams... the picture quality is excellent.

Cheers

Looks like great fun, I enjoyed watching the videos. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll defiantly have to get myself one of the helmet cams... the picture quality is excellent.

Cheers

Cheers. I use a Contour Roam and am happy with the quality it gives. The biggest downsides are the battery life and not replaceable and the on/off switch is the wrong way round, You slide it forward to turn it on so it can inadvertently been turned off by trees. Oh and the wind noise is bad unless you wrap something around the mic. Other than that I've no faults with it. IF I was going to buy again I'd go for the contour with the replaceable battery.

Back
Top Bottom