Bikewash Chiang Mai

alexuk

since the old bikewash on Tesco rd closed, I was told of another in the centre of the old city.

From Thapae Gate Take the Ratchadamnoem road in West to the end,go left there and left again at the lights.
About 100yards down this oneway street (Ratchamanka Rd) on the right is a small concrete area with a car/bikewash.
(and small car accessory shop at the back)
They normally charge me 30 or 40bt to hose the mud off my dirtbike.
They seem to be open 10 to 5pm most days
Perhaps someone speaking thai can find out proper opening times.
It's just past the Scary Cafe.

Know any more bikewashes in town?

Alex - I always use the shell petrol station on Huay Kuay Road about 500 meters away from the moat square, on the LHS when headed towards Doi Suthep.

Normally about 80 baht and do an excellent job.

They also sell some decent semi sythetic 5W 50 motorcycle oil in 1 litre bottles, that is much cheaper than mobil 1. I've been using this oil for a while now and the gear changes feel good with it, which is normally a good indicator of the oil's viscosity and quality.

The oil sounds good, but I was advised to use a 20/50 here for the klx, instead of a 10/40,
I'll find out more though before I stop using Mobil1 on the YZF
Is it Advance SX 15/50 @ 135bt/litre?
They also have Gasoline 95 (V Power)

alex, i know the place you mean. I took my truck there once for a wash and they did such a bad job ive never even given them the chance to have a go on my dirtbike. The shell gas station seem to do a decent job, but if you want a bike properly cleaned then ive never seen cleaner than Lek's jobs( if he's in the right mood).
Also the wash joint next to G3's new shop do a decent clean but only when the owner is there to instruct his workers.

Here's an idea - (I don't think this needs to be in vendor's as he's basically doing it as a favor).

I was talking with Jeff who owns Tonys Bike Bikes in Chiang Mai today & he said he would be prepared to wash people's filthy bikes for a 100 bht.

I've seen what a great job his guys do, they know what they re doing so this is an amazing deal, it's where i'm going to take my bike in future.

The address of his shop in Chiang Mai below:

http://www.chiangmai-motorcycle-rental.com/about

I used the guys behind the gas station opposite the Riverside pub & Good Times bar. They washed & waxed the bike for 70 Baht.
The results were OK, but more importantly, I enjoyed a beer overlooking the river while they did the dirty job !

Back
Top Bottom