Best website to order quality parts in Asia?

TobyJ

Hi guys,

I own a Honda XR400R and Suzuki DRZ400 in Cambodia. Could anyone please advise me on the best websites to order quality parts from?

Many thanks.

There is no need to stay regional to order parts in Asia. Companies such as wemoto can send parts cheaply worldwide. Only problem is no liquids, cans or tires can be easily sent internationally.

If you use a courier from UK or overseas it is most likely you will be hit for full duty, VAT , and a collection fee from the courier. A recent order from wemoto cost GBP13 freight but the local fees here were Baht 1,214. Motorcycle spares are assessed at 30% + VAT 7% on CIF, Royal Mail seems to work well from UK.

In Asia

Can only think of Japan WEbike ,original Parts but not cheap .

Webike are good to deal with and send stuff EMS which is cheap. If the value is under $100-$150 Cambo customs tend to let it go through without tax.

Agree, their prices for parts are mostly expensive compared to US/UK prices
However, for Japanese brands like RSTaichi and Komine apparel/armor their prices are quite competitive and both of the aforementioned make quality gear.

I've also bought various aftermarket stuff from US listed Ebay sellers that are based in Asia, ie HK, Taiwan, Sth Korea. Most of them use the EMS tracking system thru their respective state postal services.

I used to get everything from the US, but with the USD so strong there's cheaper sources for parts now.

Thanks for the helpful advice guys.

Bill, do you normally order to the post office in Phnom Penh? You ever had any difficulty? Also, what's the average shipping time for WeBike?

Cheers

Bill,

Could you please let me know which Ebay stores you've used?

Thanks

If you use a courier from UK or overseas it is most likely you will be hit for full duty, VAT , and a collection fee from the courier. A recent order from wemoto cost GBP13 freight but the local fees here were Baht 1,214. Motorcycle spares are assessed at 30% + VAT 7% on CIF, Royal Mail seems to work well from UK.
wemoto for me don't add UK VAT for destinations outside the Eu. In China if you use Royal Mail/ parcel force the Chinese usually don't add the 20% import tax and force you to collect. If you use FedEx, Ups etc your stuff will get stuck at customs and you'll have to pay the tax before you can get it. :-(

Back
Top Bottom