Benelli showroom in the new Maya Mall, Chiang Mai

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Maya Mall opened on 23rd January, 2014, looks like they need an "E" & a "L"

12184363006_11eed2f939_b.jpg

12184341666_798bda4d36_b.jpg

12184128484_cee23de441_b.jpg

They do the rounds of some of the Big C shopping centres too.

The bikes look good but as discussed on here previously they`re of questionable Chinese quality.

The bikes look good but as discussed on here previously they`re of questionable Chinese quality.
Quite sure the bikes are different for export and the domestic Chinese market, somewhere in one of the UK bike mags they had a comparison of some sort.
They are very popular over here in the motherland called China. Would I buy one of the MIC 600's, NO as they are tiny (size wise ~ not engine displacement).

^ i think you`ll find the Keeway (Benelli) 600 is the same in both countries? but much cheaper to buy and maybe more worth a punt in the country of manufacture,China?

That's around 200 thousand baht China mainland price if i am right :hmm

They also have a nice new showroom across from Tesco in Mae Sai.

I think it sucks that the Chinese are buying the well-known brands or invest in well-known companies which gives them the right to sell less than mediocre products.
Of course a halfway intelligent person does some research and realizes that you can't get European quality and styling for extreme low prices but still I see it as an insult.
Some Chinese companies have the guts to sell their products under Chinese names and some of their products are acceptable. A Keeway 200 that actually holds up for a few years if you keep fixing small problems may be worth 65,000 baht but some brands like Platinum are not even worth the super low price.
I had high expectations for the SACHS bikes but as it turned out they were so poorly made that they could not compete with anything made in Japan by a long shot.

The link seems to be for a Chinese site but the prices are in Japanese Yen?

So, what motorcycle brand warrants that non of their parts are sourced in China?
That they are 100% made in Europe or the US, is there such a brand??

There is no such brand, if you think a HD is made in the US, a Ducati is made in Italy or a BMW is made in Germany, think again.
Replace "made in" with "assembled in" and you get in the right direction for some of the models.

MIC is in all we buy, if you like it or not!

I'm not talking about products made in China, I'm talking about Chinese products.

Maya Mall opened on 23rd January, 2014, looks like they need an "E" & a "L"

and an N for passio.
maybe its not that simple
the Honda Benly name;
"Benly" (from the Japanese word "benri" meaning convenient)

"Benri desu, nae?" "Hai, soo desu, nae!"

And "Italy Passion" doesn't make much sense.

And those "100 Years Anniversary" banners... if old Mrs Benelli who started the company to get her six sons off the streets could see this now she'd rotate in her grave! :)

I'm not talking about products made in China, I'm talking about Chinese products.

Well ~ better watch out next time you take your Aston Martin for a fast morning spin…..

James Bond is going to be pissed. British (-ish) car manufacturer Aston Martin has been forced to recall thousands of vehicles after discovering that a Chinese supplier used counterfeit materials that can cause the accelerator pedal assembly (a slightly important part of the vehicle) to, ahem, break.
turns out that a Chinese manufacturer in the Aston Martin supply chain decided to cheap-out on the expensive raw materials that go into the components, and the resulting product couldn't handle the heats and pressures of sustained driving.
The official release goes on to say that no one has been harmed by the faulty parts, and that all potentially-affected vehicles have been identified
…….

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM448879/RCDNN-14V010-8982P.pdf

Benelli now has its own showroom/branch/shop in Chiangmai. It is located on the Super Highway (Rd 11) on the same side and a few hundred meters before the Makro - Coordinates N 18.78947 - E 99.02528. Was in a hurry so did not have time to go in but I saw only 1 bike in the showroom - apologies for the bad quality of the pictures as they were taken "on the fly". The second picture show the opening times and phone numbers.

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

That one bike might possibly be a Kawasaki too.

It says Benelli Italy Passion but I was under the impression the name has been sold to the Chinese.
If so it will be a bit like Sachs trying to fool people into thinking they were buying a German quality bike made in China whereas people quickly found out they were just buying Chinese crap

Benelli http://www.benelli.com is now part of the Qianjiang group (China), which is a corporation located in Wenling, Southeast China. Benelli Q.J. is located in Pesaro where the previous proprietors based the facilities, keeping the whole workforce previously working at Benelli S.p.A.

They are soon to release a new 300cc bike for the domestic China market and a upgraded version for the international market.

Back
Top Bottom