Battery Chargers (Maintenance)

I have a CTEK that I use on the the DR650, always ready to go.
As I already have a cigarette lighter socket on the bike, I just charge through that.

Lithium batteries require special chargers and using once again a few of the trusty and reliable CTEK chargers.

The LITHIUM XS is an advanced microprocessor controlled charger specially designed to recharge and maintain Lithium-Ion Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries — maximising their performance and lifespan.
With up to 5A of charge current available the LITHIUM XS is extremely flexible and will charge LiFePO
4 batteries from 5Ah to 60Ah and maintain up to 120Ah.....

More info >>> http://www.ctek.com/au/en/chargers/LITHIUM XS

Attachments

• 555555.jpg
    555555.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 666666.jpg
    666666.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 419
BMW Motorrad CAN-BUS Battery Charger [BMW Original Parts # 77028551896]
BMW Motorrad has a battery charger for charging and maintaining all types of motorcycle batteries.
High-quality, microprocessor controlled battery charger and maintainer protecting the battery during long periods of storage.

-Suitable for:
--Ordinary lead-acid and maintenance-free (gel or AGM) batteries with capacities between 6 and 25 Ah
--Motorcycles with CAN bus technology

-Charging from the motorcycle’s on-board socket or with the included adaptor cable connected directly to the battery terminals
--Fully automatic, controlled by the microprocessor
--The charger can remain connected for long periods. Charging cycles are run, the battery is monitored and recharged as necessary

-Protection against short circuit, polarity reversal and overload

-Display of battery charge status and charger activity
--Touchpad controls for changing settings

Technical data
-Operating voltage: 110V-240V/50-60Hz AC
-Charge voltage: 12V DC
-Maximum charge current: 2.5 A
-Charge termination voltage: 14.4V DC
-Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.3x4.7x2 in

Attachments

• BMWcharger.jpg
    BMWcharger.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 338
Most offroad bikes, the seats don't come off quickly. Also BMW motorcycles have batteries in the "fake" fuel tank space so a real pain to get to. I make up charging pigtails for all my bikes that go to the battery. Just connect the connector to the batter charger connector and you can keep the batteries topped up easy.

P_20160526_161432.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Also BMW motorcycles have batteries in the "fake" fuel tank space so a real pain to get to.

BMW Motorrad CAN-BUS Battery Charger [BMW Original Parts # 77028551896] plugs straight into the BMW power outlets, nothing to add or modify.
Another easy mod on other non BMW bikes, hardwiring a power outlet straight to the battery and plug into... 'nuff said...

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 335
Back
Top Bottom