Any XR250 Pistons in Chiang Mai?

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
Anyone know where I could find an XR250 piston in Chiang Mai (or by post) in the next few days? Would be happy with anything between 73mm and 77mm.

Usually my mechanic can get them but says the usual shop is out of stock for the next month, CMMX has to order and is double the price I usually pay, will check Honda near Warorot tomorrow.

Any other leads? Should be around 3,000-4,000 baht IIRC.

AlexUSA said:
Anyone know where I could find an XR250 piston in Chiang Mai (or by post) in the next few days? Would be happy with anything between 73mm and 77mm.

Usually my mechanic can get them but says the usual shop is out of stock for the next month, CMMX has to order and is double the price I usually pay, will check Honda near Warorot tomorrow.

I think a guy called Lek would be able to supply one but doesn't it need to be exact ? ( Would be happy with anything between 73mm and 77mm. )

Does Lek sell parts? I thought he was just a mechanic. Not sure if I follow your question re size. Standard or overbore pistons acceptable up to 77mm but not comfortable going bigger than that. At 75mm now but can re sleeve.

AlexUSA said:
Does Lek sell parts? I thought he was just a mechanic. Not sure if I follow your question re size. Standard or overbore pistons acceptable up to 77mm but not comfortable going bigger than that. At 75mm now but can re sleeve.

Yer as far as i know he has XR parts ( popular ones ) . But wouldn't it be better to get same size or is there some damage ?

AlexUSA said:

I don't understand your post.

How can you be happy with a piston with as much as 4mm size difference? You need to match it to the bore size. 4mm is an enormous difference.

Usually you might go to a slightly bigger size for a new piston, like 73.0 to 73.05mm, but you cant just put any size between 73-77mm which is what you're saying, or you're gonna have either no compression or a piston that's tigther than a virgin duck.

He'd need to bore out and re-sleeve (larger) to accommodate the bigger piston (he mentioned that). More expense!!!

LUFC said:
AlexUSA said:

I don't understand your post.

How can you be happy with a piston with as much as 4mm size difference? You need to match it to the bore size. 4mm is an enormous difference.

Usually you might go to a slightly bigger size for a new piston, like 73.0 to 73.05mm, but you cant just put any size between 73-77mm which is what you're saying, or you're gonna have either no compression or a piston that's tigther than a virgin duck.

I agree with the Leeds supporter although to the critical issue is ring gap which is measured without the piston using feeler gauges
[img=center:2ek5k2pa]http://www.precisionenginetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fe65-500x333.jpg[/img:2ek5k2pa]

johnnysneds said:
He'd need to bore out and re-sleeve (larger) to accommodate the bigger piston (he mentioned that).

AlexUSA said:

Re bore is pretty common when replacing pistons. I don't understand the confusion.

Why not try German joe at Joe's bike team in chiang mai...... he has several xr 250 s. ..... also. Jaguar rentals has 13 xr 250 s he may have them too

Back
Top Bottom