Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start

What about Bike Batteries .
Replacement for XR250/ CRF 250 L / 10-12 AH for the XL

Shure they have one in USA or europe .

But shipping Batteries is expensive depend they are classified as hazardous.
I try it a few years ago and after all the touble they make about that my friend in Germany reopen the Box and take the 2 batteries out.

Shure they have one in USA or europe .
But shipping Batteries is expensive depend they are classified as hazardous.
I try it a few years ago and after all the touble they make about that my friend in Germany reopen the Box and take the 2 batteries out.

Had 8 batteries from Ballistic Performance Components shipped from the U.S.A. of all places by courier and regular airmail (FedEx / EMS) over the last 2 years and no dramas and they are lightweight anyway. Last one (12 cell battery) for a custom 900SS Ducati sidecar bike a mate is building arrived in Shanghai / China early December 2014.....

Sidenote: did not order directly from Ballistic Performance Batteries, went through my regular parts and gear supplier n the USA.....

Added another Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS (Personal Power Supply) http://themicrostart.com to the TBR portable tool collection as one can never have enough power out in the field, the XP-10 http://themicrostart.com/products/micro-starts/xp10/ as we did use our smaller jump starter 3x times helping out recently while in Tibet (Amdo) to start up cars during the cold mornings.

The XP-10 features up to 600 peak amps of jump-start/booster power, and has 18,000 milliamps of capacity! It offers 19V, 12V and 5V USB ports to charge most any device you might have, and a Hi-Power LED flashlight with S.O.S. flash patterns. This hi-power lithium-ion booster pack is small enough to fit in your pocket yet so powerful it can start all motorcycles, powersports vehicles, V8 truck and even diesel motors up to 8 litres! Amazingly it also powers & charges Laptops (not 16v Apple Laptops), Cell Phones, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Blue Tooth devices and more. The pocket-sized Micro-Start weighs just over a pound (only 18 oz.) and has a nice ergonomic design. Just charge it once and easily take back-up power wherever you go....

Butch - I can't open the link where I am in China. What's the advantage of this over say a decent brand of lithium battery as a backup?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Butch - I can't open the link where I am in China. What's the advantage of this over say a decent brand of lithium battery as a backup?

Mate, somehow don't understand your questions as never used any Micro-Start as a direct replacements for any motor vehicle battery, only jump started successful quite a few motor vehicles (motorbikes, cars, vans, pickups) and charge various electronic devices like GoPro, iPhone, Digicam, Schubert Helmet SRC Bluetooth, GPS, etc. and everyone is always very surprised about the power the Micro-Start puts out. The newest Micro-Start XP-10 is more powerful and able to charge laptops as well and quite convenient while out in the field ~ middle of nowhere. One big advantage to a regular size battery or smaller Lithium battery is the convenient way to recharge the Micro-Start via cigarette lighter socket or a wall outlet once available, no needful special Lithium battery charges.

Famous chinese Taobao lists a few MIC "no name" jump starters but once again ~ you get what you pay for with cheap crap and thats my personal opinion.... nuff said"....

Isn't it just a lithium battery inside this thing? The ability to charge it simply is a useful feature.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Isn't it just a lithium battery inside this thing? The ability to charge it simply is a useful feature.
Yes ~ just a battery inside (never open one yet) easy to store as just flat rectangular, the convenience and all them plugs connectors, easy re-charging as no special Lithium Battery charger required.

I am pretty happy with them Micro-Starts and comparing a small size Ballistic Lithium Battery (8 cell) to a Micro-Start, well - I know what I pack for bike travels....

Attachments

• mstart1.jpg
    mstart1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 555
  • mstart2.jpg
    mstart2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 543
This Spark JS18 appears to be identical to the Microstart XP10 !? ..... A copy or same device but different name for different markets ?

This Spark JS18 appears to be identical to the Microstart XP10 !? ..... A copy or same device but different name for different markets ?

Some problems with fake and lookalikes Antigravity Batteries chargers being sold all over Ebay / Amazon / Taobao started sometime last year....
Have a look at Chinese selling platform TAOBAO https://world.taobao.com --- https://taobao.com some real cheap copy crap people offer.... nuff said'.....

**************************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON NON-AUTHORIZED ANTIGRAVITY BATTERIES RESELLERS ON AMAZON and EBAY.

Due to the popularity of some of our products we have encountered Sellers/Companies participating in unlawful and/or un-Authorized reselling of our products on the Amazon and Ebay platforms.
We do not warranty products sold by un-Authorized Sellers due to the fact that we cannot confirm or verify whom they are as a company and if the product is in fact authentic and/or new and from our Authorized Distribution Channel.

The typical un-Authorized Seller is offering Antigravity Batteries MICRO-START products at an extremely low price in an effort to entice the buyer into buying from them. But the fact is they are not an Authorized Reseller of our products, and the product will not be warrantied by Antigravity Batteries.
All companies selling our products must Authorized so we know the product they sell is a new and ORIGINAL Antigravity Batteries and MICRO-START Product.

Agreed, i would not touch one of the copy ones. My PPS has been used several times for jump starting trucks even a backhoe earthmover the other day to the surprise of onlookers, they sure pack a punch and the copy ones are not that much cheaper the the real deal.

I can see there are a lot of cheap copies out there but this looks identical. It wouldn't be unheard of that the microstart and spark was actually made in the same factory both in China. The company selling the Spark also sell CTEK brand stuff which is good Kit.

but anyway, the sparks not really cheaper than the Microstart , just easier to obtain here

Could the Micro Start XP5 start a road bike with a dead battery and power it to ride say 50km ?

I'm thinking of a scenario where one is solo touring and the bike's charging system has failed resulting in a flat battery. You need to start the bike AND power the electrical system to ride to where it can be fixed.

Interesting scenario, I can see no reason why it could not. But the jumper leads are very short so it may be difficult to secure and continue riding but some gaffer tape would fix that.

Just one thing to note it will not start diesel engines.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On the Web site it's states this. One larger model can jump diesels though.

Interesting scenario, I can see no reason why it could not. But the jumper leads are very short so it may be difficult to secure and continue riding but some gaffer tape would fix that.

Just one thing to note it will not start diesel engines.

Good point.
For my own bike, ideally I would buy a spare micro start cable, cut the clamps off, solder eyelets on and hardwire it direct to the bikes battery.
Then its just a case of plugging the other end straight into the micro start lithium battery when required

Good point.
For my own bike, ideally I would buy a spare micro start cable, cut the clamps off, solder eyelets on and hardwire it direct to the bikes battery.
Then its just a case of plugging the other end straight into the micro start lithium battery when required

marinco-bep-battery-selector-switch_617988.jpg

I own the Micro Start and bought a couple of these from amazon for each of my bikes. Works great and yes you can use the micro-start pack while riding to get you out of the jungle...

View attachment 47721

https://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-...63_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=NFFM3ARCTE0DVEYV6FNQ&th=1

Jim

Thanks for the link Jim
However, according to that link its a no-no to use it to run the bike for longer than 30 seconds.
Anyway, still a nice setup just for jump starting.

from the link

..... PLEASE NOTE: The Micro-Start is for jump-starting only through the jump start port. Never leave the Micro-Start connected to your vehicle's battery for longer than 30 seconds, or use in place of your regular battery in your vehicle. Do not try to charge the Micro-Start directly from your vehicle battery through the jump start port. Severe damage can result! Use only the provided chargers in the Micro-Start's kit to charge the Micro-Start! [/.....QUOTE]

It probably has some circuitry inside just to pump up the amperage for a limited time. The high amps are needed for for the start cranking. I carry a spare Shorai battery as no kicker on my dirt bike, it weighs nothing and it is peace of mind as I know it will work.

Need to start reading the directions :)

Sounds like I got lucky because I used it connected for about an hour last month in Chai Prakan...

Thanks for the heads up.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom