and this is, where.... not what?

The Bigfella

Staff member
Bikes
KTM 613 EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & Xs, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc

.... and since I'm about to jump on a 'plane.... here's another clue or two...

Sorry got distracted, what was the question again :-)

Not even close guys....

More hints?

Am I to understand that no-one has been to this lovely part of Thailand?

Incidentally, these fish are the fish seen in those damn tanks in places like Siem Reap... the ones that nibble the old skin off your feet

The thought of sticking my feet in one of those tanks just doesn't do it for me btw

More of the falls

This is the very top of them...

and these guys were there too

Some of the rocks are a bit unstable... but fear not, they have been stabilized

Did I put these ones in before?

Overgrown teak plantation at the bottom.

Last call?

Erawan Waterfalls, Kanchanaburi. Not seen (got turned away from park gates as too late) but nearly did - so recognise from pics.

Erawan Waterfalls, Kanchanaburi. Not seen (got turned away from park gates as too late) but nearly did - so recognise from pics.

Well done. I climbed it - all seven stages IIRC - wearing the gear in the photo - cordura and boots. Regretted that by the time I got to the top.

Crap, you beat me while I was looking in my photos. Well done. The rock in the pool used to have a tree on it.

20090412   122304 - Thailand, Kanchanaburi.jpg

No tree now, obviously... just the dork who wouldn't duck his head so I could get a shot without him in it

G'day Keef... when are you heading back?

G'day Keef... when are you heading back?

Good question Ian. I'll be back around the end of October / early part of November. Exact timing depends on the date of the Loi Krathong and Yi Peng festivals.

See, when I get back I want to take another look around the Angkor Temples for a few days; followed by 7-10 days doing bugger-all on Ko Chang; then finish the SE Asia tour on a high note by attending one of the above festivals, before air-freighting over the Himalayas from BKK to Kathmandu, Nepal.

Trouble is, no one seems to know the exact date of these festivals. It'll be in mid-late November for sure, but I would like to know the precise date. Apparently it's all to do with the full moon of the 12th Thai month. Timing might also depend on when the weekends fall.

Some people say the festivals will be held on maybe the 10th, or 15th-18th of November - and some others even reckon as late as the end of November .. :confused:

Can you or anyone else 'enlighten' me? (no pun intended!)

All the best

K&E

The official date for Loy Kratong is 17 November but in Chiangmai the festival will be held from 15-18 November. Besides the Loy Kratong there is the Yee-Peng festival (actually they are both the same) with the floating of lanterns (Kom Loy) in the sky with the traditional happening (free but very busy) usually held the weekend before Loy Krathong and the commercial (80-100 USD - and not so busy) held a few days after Loy Kratong. However exact dates for the latter two (traditional and commercial) have not yet been announced.

However, during Loy Kratong there will also be hundreds of Kom Loy floating in the sky so I guess your best bet will be 17 November.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Where's This ? 2
2wheels Where's This ? 6
2wheels Where's This ? 2
The Bigfella Where's This ? 1
2wheels Where's This ? 7
Back
Top Bottom