Adding GPX Files To Trip Reports

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
View attachment ThaTon Meandering: 29 MAY 2014 08:33.GPXMany people have asked how to add a GPX file to a trip report or just for information of a route they have ridden, here is a quick guide to explain.

1. Firstly add your GPX file to your desktop or some other location that it can easily be accessed.

2. Click on the paperclip symbol next to the smiley icon and add the file from your computer or sd card.

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 17.26.13.png

3. In the text box you will now see the file has been added, in this case View attachment 35251

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 17.27.14.jpg

4. To make the file visible on the forum you need to change the text. You will notice the ATTACH has been replaced with GPX and a ; and 9 has been added, the number represents the size of the map and can be increased or decreased but 9 works well for viewing on the forum.

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 17.27.57.png

5. Thats it your done the finished product should look like this with a downloadable link at the bottom.

GpxViewer

6. Here is the same GPX file with 15 after the ; as requested by Mr Pounce

GpxViewer

Also here is Ally's link on the same subject http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...186-how-insert-gpx-files-show-google-map.html

Last edited:
Good Bob, but maybe add the actual map to the tutorial.
I tried zooming in on the google earth map but it's only a screen shot.

Good Bob, but maybe add the actual map to the tutorial.
I tried zooming in on the google earth map but it's only a screen shot.

Ok it's done Mr Pounce but you could just follow the instructions and do it yourself :rage:

:)
Thanks Slash & Bob I know how to do it but if I did it, then it wouldn't be in the original post for the example.
Maybe do another one with a different number after the ; so people can see the difference in size & zoom when posted?

Carry on strangling

Tis done Mr Pounce toilet reading

Also added a link at the bottom to Ally's previous post on the same topic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax GPS - Help and Discussion 2
Back
Top Bottom