About bloody time

CRF Rainbow

Bikes
'07 Kwaka ER6 (Team Orange) and The Mighty Honda Wave 125.
After numerous visits to Thailand I bit the bullet and got a retirement visa.
Hence, bank account, drivers and riders license and ...
A NEW BIKE - in my name (Merry Xmas to me).
Long story short, rode up to CM last week to start customising it and met some lovely people at the Horizons Unlimited gathering.
002.jpg

Welcome aboard Ride Asia, keep us posted on your modifications to the CRF-M :ride:

Nice to have met you at Riders Corner Ian and I did admire your new wheels.
Welcome aboard and hope to hear more from you.

Welcome aboard Ride Asia, keep us posted on your modifications to the CRF-M :ride:

Caught up with the seat cover guy today. Wants to stick this 25mm thick (looks like recycled multi density foam) and a reasonbly thick looking cover for B700.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 278
CRF Seat Re-shape & Re-cover

Hi Again
I wanted the seat narrow and low similar to std at the front to give my stumpy legs the best chance of reaching the ground in town or offroad, and wider further back for better support while cruising. I was worried I would not be able to get over just what I wanted but when I picked it up it was as if the upholsterer had read my mind.26112013078.jpg

Hi Again
I wanted the seat narrow and low similar to std at the front to give my stumpy legs the best chance of reaching the ground in town or offroad, and wider further back for better support while cruising. I was worried I would not be able to get over just what I wanted but when I picked it up it was as if the upholsterer had read my mind.View attachment 25612
Thanks, Gnasher,
Looks good.
Any chance of the name / exact location / phone number for this shop.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Gnasher, I found the place. 2nd shop past soi 8 on Moon Muang road, heading north.
Didn't want ribbing like on yours as my experience with stitching is that it can leak.
Happy to say they had a spare seat so swapped seats, went and got a service on bike at Nats - now running 10W40 full synthetic instead of Honda bullshit 10W30 mineral.
Came back and drank beer while they finished job.
Cost - 500 baht for seat guy and 3 Singhas for me.
Am very happy chappy.

Just make sure you check the chain if it's been done in the service - mine was much too tight, a common problem here along with overpressured tyres.
Lucky to get a spare seat, this is what I had to use:-

24112013039.jpg

Bike now has 2000k's on it.

Honda advise running 29psi in the tyres but I run them at 33psi. If checking them when hot, don't forget to add another 2-3psi for the expansion.

Honda also state requires 1400mls of oil but if changing the filter it will require another 200-225mls as well.
Running Motul full synthetic 10W40 and will change it after 2000k's and every 4000 after that.

Was surprised to see how loose chain was after only another 1000k's - did adjust at the 1000k service as well. Won't expect much life out of the OEM chain.

Dodgy pannier racks and alloy cases were removed and now looking for some decent throwover bags.
Will design a basic rack when back in Sak Lek in order to keep the bags off the muffler and frame.

Decided against the EJK fuel module and air box mods for 2 reasons - 1 being Honda warranty but more importantly, to me anyways, is enough dust getting into motor as it is.

Time to go go riding - thanks to everyone for their advice to date.

Back
Top Bottom