A place where I can work on my bike ... (Chiang Mai)

Malindi

Bikes
BMW R80G/S, BMW R80RT
Hi guys,

I am in Chiang Mai and am looking for a place where I can do some work on my bike (R80G/S). Does anyone have a workshop with a few tools? I want to do the work myself and have most of what I need but of course I am not carrying a hammer or a seal puller. I need to replace my final drive seal, as it is leaking. I know how to do it though. Luckily I found a new seal at Barcelona BMW. It seems an easy fix but it requires a seal puller. If all else fails, I’ll buy one and leave it with whoever needs it. For a number of years I was the coordinating member for the Airheads (air-cooled BMWs) in British Columbia and we had a collective tool box. Is there something similar in Chiang Mai?

Other things I want to attempt is clean up the pushrod seals and coat them with RTV, replace final drive oil (obviously), replace drive line and transmission oil. I’m going to see Joe in a few days or a week as he is going to set a 6 mm Heli-Coil in the stripped oil filter cover housing.

Also, I’ve kept my eyes peeled for a high-pressure self-serve car wash where I can clean the bike. The last cleaning it had was in Arizona last year…

Thanks for any pointers.

Kevin

Shell service station for cleaning. IIRC they do it for you, but its cheap

Back
Top Bottom