4x4 Offroad Mahem

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Ok didn't know where to put this report as there is no 4x4 section, so whats the chance of having an offroad 4x4 section?

The New and the Old Ford Rangers, equally capable to take on the dreaded red clay of Chiang Mai.

The Route

Equipped with the appropriate equipment off we headed up the infamous Soi1

Id also like to add that its well worth the extra 800K or so for the extra beer/bottle holders on the tailgate, 4 extra to be precise, yes thats right you didnt hear that wrong FOUR!

Making sure the ice box is secure, prioritising your safety equipment is essential

Lower down the trail the early morning rain made conditions challenging but nothing to be concerned about as nobody was half cut yet!

Some views through my beer goggles

This is actually where I crashed and snapped my arm coming down this part of Soi1 on the KTM.

And this is where I lay for a few hours before rescue arrived

Lucky I missed this stump!

Providing local entertainment

Another beer goggle view or maybe the camera out of focus

Arrived at the view point. At this point AlexUK informed me by sms that he was trying to catch up on his WR. We had a refreshment waiting for him, however we later found out that he struggled to get up and had several attempts and eventually succeeded to the view point. By this time (1 hour or so) our stock was running low so we continued on without the dirt rider on two wheels...shhhheeeesh.

We brought along deck chairs for a picnic but it was raining so had to retreat into one of the trucks. Guess who ate all the pies?

What Pies!!!

Big thanks to Kasikorn for providing some tasty food, well appreciated

Higher up we go things getting foggy

Gary doing a sterling job for his first time driving a 4x4 off road

Erm...a break!

Back down Soi1

And lots and lots of toilet stops

We thought we would do some spotting going across the log bridge on the way down as on the way up one of the trucks (:RE) nearly came off!

A fantastic day had by all of us. I had tears running down my face with laughing most of the day.
Highly recommend "Queens Greatest Hits" when driving off road, however skip songs "Another one bites the dust", "Under pressure" and "Who wants to live forever". "We are the champions", "I want it all" and "Don't stop me know" were very beneficial!
Ive got some nice videos when I can get through the monotony of video editing...the other guys should have nice photos/videos too.

Cant wait for another dose of that...

Thought you were going to take the leech trail back... Sissies, bet you can't!
:phil
John where is your bike, forgot how to start it?

Bloody hard work this off roading lark :LOL

9022115836_7b468e4542_b.jpg

John trying to take a short cut
a1_zpsb88b32f6.jpg

Not happening - grounding out
a2_zpsf6ac2913.jpg

Better ground clearance at the end than the start
a3_zps8704f16f.jpg

Who needs bikes when you've got aircon- fantastic? Is that Mr. Rossi's blue truck?
I'm sure its only a quick run as we all now it's terrible for cars to sit without running for a long period of time. Good on john to altruistically think of helping Rossi out by giving it a breath of fresh air. Good news is the last vehicle that was borrowed of Rossi's came back with a flat tire, empty gas tank and no word that it had been borrowed at all. Reckon johns looking a star for bringing it back with just a tweaked running board.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Discussion 10
Back
Top Bottom