40x Soldiers with automatic rifles on Kasi - Xayabouri link road

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Being not far west of the Long Cheng region that has numerous murders and other serious issues recently:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/laos-information/7584-long-cheng-travel-warning.html

R 4529 / Kasi - Muang Nan(e) / Xayabouri link road 2 days ago had 40 Laos soldiers stationed along the roadside at various points, mostly towards the eastern half of the road.

A couple of photo's on the fly while riding R 4529 Kasi/ Xayabouri link road of the soldiers, they all looked ready for trouble

RIMG3963 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

RIMG3965 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

kasi 2 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

A Kunming-Vientiane bus (registered in Kunming, China) was shot at with 6 passengers and the driver injured and at least one person (reportedly driving a locally registered pickup that was trailing the bus) killed and this happened just a few days ago on this road.

So that's the reason for this increase in security. Also, it's not just the Saisomboon region that has seen increasing unrest - the old, winding road north of Kasi (route 13N) to the Phou Khoun junction (route 7) to Phonsavan/Vietnam has also seen a slew of attacks.

When I was on 4C(Kasi-M Nan)road this year I noticed they were constructing permanent buildings for the army. And yes they were tooled up ready for trouble but friendly enough.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 218 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom