4 (Four) Honda XR 250 for sale in Chiang Mai

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
4 (Four) Honda XR 250 for sale in Chiang Mai

Joe at Joe's Bike Team in Chiang Mai has four Honda XR 250's for sale.

All have Thai green book registration.

Being such a simple bike, no cooling system to worry about, they make a fantastic bike for long tours where reliability is important. Luke had one for a couple of years and swears by them.

Three are for sale for 80,000 Bht each (one may have sold today)

The fourth is for sale for 75,000 Bht - the rim colors don't match, apart from that the bike is fine.

They all have been rental bikes & have been maintained by the best mechanic in SE Asia (Joe), Thai mechanics havn't messed with them.

PM me or go see them at Joes Bike Team in Chiang Mai

Is considering a near new KLX250 sat around for ages at 90 asking..

I know which one I would look at..

I find it hard to believe their worth that kinda dough!

Ex rentals............ unbelievable ?

The KLX was indeed a steal :DD

I'd have the tractor-simple Honda XR 250 over a Kawasaki KLX any day for extended trips.

- No cooling system to worry about (bamboo through the radiator / dragging it over fallen trees/ water pump seal)

- been proven for years to be super reliable

- 1,000's of them in Laos, so super easy to fix and parts available the next day

Debateable.. Parts supply chain, no overseas ordering.. Cheap as chips bits..

LivinLOS said:
Debateable.. Parts supply chain, no overseas ordering.. Cheap as chips bits..

Faurk in Vientaine has 43 XR 250's!!!!!! he has all the parts you need ... from piston rings, to replacement ECU's and Carbs

Like I say debatable..

I would take Kwakers supply chain, parts fiches, ordering process and probably prices over some guy in VT who 'might' have them. Ones on your doorstep in nearly ever major Thai town, the others a phone number in Laos..

Sure the XR is a proven simple nail of a bike that can take some rough abuse.. Comes with the flying wing on it.. And theres a lot of aspects of a stock Kwak I dont like, over complicated EFI, restrictions and emissions, etc.. But a KLX is just a newer generation, probably done 10x less mileage, will be straighter, tighter bearings, etc etc etc..

For me I would expect to see a bit more price compression onto these now the KLX's are fetching sub 100..

But like I said its a debate, I fully understand why people like solid simple AK47 type machines like an XR.. I also get that in thailand the low end just holds value for ages.. Look at old truck pricing !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Classifieds 1
2wheels Classifieds 3
R Classifieds 0
2wheels Classifieds 2
2wheels Classifieds 7
Back
Top Bottom