30 killed in Mae Hong Son refugee camp blaze

2Wheels has been in contacted with the Surin Refugee Camp Co-ordination effort. They are requesting school supplies - drawing books, pencils, pens, lined pads etc......

We're doing some riding in that area in the next few days & will be taking the pick-up full of school supplies to the camp, if anyone wants to drop of goods to donate (clothes, food, school supplies, second hand "anything"), we'll happily take it with us. Sorry this is short notice, but this needs to be dropped off at Riders Corner by midnight tonight.

8657617900_5023eb9ac9_b.jpg

Glad the generosity is continuing Phil; well done!

Actually, some of the sketches done by the refugee children are probably quite dramatic given the horrors they have been through.

As request by the aid workers helping the Surin camp refugees, we delivered a big bunch of school supplies today to the Khun Yuam collection depot

8671928264_8d3e8475a5_b.jpg

They were very grateful for the donation

8670825681_5244bab087_b.jpg

All, there is an update with pictures on Chaa Nay Choo on the Burma Library facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BurmaLibrary

Coming weekend I will be off to The Netherlands but I will keep reading the forum and enjoying the pictures.
I might be posting some pics from the coming "holiday" here, I might jumpstart the Enfield 500 at home
icon_smile.gif

Will be back in September and hope for a permanent return to the Rai.

Ride safe, Marcel

Thanks for the update Marcel.
That young man has been through hell, but it's good to see him on his feet again.

I'll get one of those 'Peace in Burma Now' T-shirts too.

Peace in Burma.jpg

I'm certainly one who would enjoy seeing you and the Enfield in Holland.

Very best wishes. :DD

All, there is an update with pictures on Chaa Nay Choo on the Burma Library facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BurmaLibrary

Coming weekend I will be off to The Netherlands but I will keep reading the forum and enjoying the pictures.
I might be posting some pics from the coming "holiday" here, I might jumpstart the Enfield 500 at home
icon_smile.gif

Will be back in September and hope for a permanent return to the Rai.

Ride safe, Marcel

Would be great to see some stuff from Holland Marcel, have a safe trip

Thanks for the update Marcel.
That young man has been through hell, but it's good to see him on his feet again.

I'll get one of those 'Peace in Burma Now' T-shirts too.

View attachment 18214

I'm certainly one who would enjoy seeing you and the Enfield in Holland.

Very best wishes. :DD

Largest size appears to be XL.... which is a couple of sizes too small for me....

Boy hero returns to his Ban Mae Surin home.

A STATELESS, SELFLESS BOY HERO

"He recalls that along with an older brother, he was part of a group of five young men who worked to carry others to safety. Eventually, his brother ran away after being called by his parents, and sustained only minor burns. We know now that the other three boys all died. "

(Chiang Mai City News)

Maybe an idea to go there and bring some of the required supplies? But wait till I' m back in Thailand!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom