200km enduro ride in Mae Sariang

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Just finished editing some footage of last month's multi-days trip in Mae Sariang. Here is day 1. 200km in 1 day of only offroad, mostly river trails.

Great video. Thanks Max

Thanks, day 2 is even more entertaining, we ended up doing hard enduro in a unpassable river and had to ride up a ravine to get out!

This is out of my comfort zone on so many levels, but what a ride! (and video!)
Immediately liked and subscribed to your channel! Looking forward for new vids!

Last edited:
This is out of my comfort zone on so many levels, but what a ride! (and video!)
Immediately liked and subscribed to your channel! Looking forward for new vids!

Thanks, much appreciated ;)

That voice-over in the new vid is (y)
What camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Edit//
Wow, this part is even more challenging :oops:
At least you make proper use of were the bikes are inteded to be used for :D

Last edited:
Thanks TMT19 ;)
Using a GoPro Session fitted under the visor.
Tried full size GoPro and have a dji action as well, but they're just that little bit too big and are annoyingly covering a part of your field of view. Now that the goPro 9 is out it's even bigger with additional screen as well, which is totally useless for an action cam (those action cams are quickly becoming "vlogger cams").

Nice solution with the Session! I've used the Hero 7 for our trip last year which worked out fine. I was under the impression that your footage had a higher dynamic range, but must be similar i guess.

About your DJI; How is Thailand in real-life regarding to flying drones? the rules are pretty strict, but are they enforced?

Nice solution with the Session! I've used the Hero 7 for our trip last year which worked out fine. I was under the impression that your footage had a higher dynamic range, but must be similar i guess.

About your DJI; How is Thailand in real-life regarding to flying drones? the rules are pretty strict, but are they enforced?

I add a minor image correction to the gopro footage so colours look better :)

I've had my mavic pro since it came out and never had the slightest issue, now I switched to the mavic mini as it's just 250grams so it's convenient enough to bring on the rides.

You're supposed to register it and it's a lot of paperwork (thai style) with insurances and other stuff, but I fly in places where I don't bother people so I think that's good enough.

I bought a package of LUTs a while back, but never got around to figuring them out. I've been stuffing around for a couple of days just trying to blur speedo images on a 19 minute video (a blackout during rendering didn't help). As much as I'd rather not bother with that sort of thing, I did notice that I'd almost hit 91 kph on one section of road, so...... blurring it is.

I'll see if I can find those LUT files and take a look again.

@MastaMax Thanks for the reply and setting my mind at ease using a drone. Wanted to take a Mavic Mini on our (now cancelled) coming trip in November, but the registration and paperwork involved put me off. Now i'll just stick one in my bag and watch my surroundings :giggle: (y)

@The Bigfella Do you blur speedometer images by default as a precaution or is that "actively" monitored?

@MastaMax Thanks for the reply and setting my mind at ease using a drone. Wanted to take a Mavic Mini on our (now cancelled) coming trip in November, but the registration and paperwork involved put me off. Now i'll just stick one in my bag and watch my surroundings :giggle: (y)

@The Bigfella Do you blur speedometer images by default as a precaution or is that "actively" monitored?

Hmm - I wish I'd bought a Mini - instead I bought Roxy's Mavic Pro, which let her buy a Mini. Damn thing did a few vids and has now "gone funny". I had it back at the shop yesterday... took it up the hill today, thought I was capturing data... nothing.

Re the monitoring, I know of one case a couple of years ago where bikes were confiscated, guys fined multiple districts - but we aren't talking the occasional 1 or 2 kph transgression. These clowns were doing 225 all the way to Chiang Rai and whacked it onto FB.

Back
Top Bottom