1mth trip in SEA preparation

pib

Hey guys
I made my trip for 1mth in South East Asia.
Let me share some "stuff"...

My posts before leaving were there:
sea-trip-for-1-month-t942.html

My full blog, written in french: http://www.pib-voyages-blogspot.com

I am going to copy a lot for "google translation" here. My english is much better than google, but it is a pain to translate 30 pages... Pics will remain original...

It made ??its way
But which bike?? No idea of the number of kilometers, but it will not happen on a honda wave. Prospecting begins, and indeed here is the detail that will accelerate the establishment of the trip in days: the mechanical stresses.
I will cross countries and areas populated but any complex mechanical problem is insurmountable. So I need a bike with great autonomy, both in terms of fuel than mechanical. Is there a peugeot 504 on two wheels?
Very soon, a brand will emerge: Honda. No way to go traveling in the middle of nowhere with a BMW and a universal joint injection, with a Yamaha or Suzuki, known for their electronic problems. Honda, known in all the South East Asia, simple, reliable and robust, here is the brand. But what model?
From what I can after judging that AC can be Transalp, Africa Twin and Dominator. There is no Dominator Singapore and japanese versions are the Transalp (400cc-ca seems perfect because I am allowed up to 400 cc).
The Africa Twin seems only possible because there are only very few on the market Transalp used. But the Africa Twin is a very big bike, and especially very high: not sure I can ride it ... (i'm 170cm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But that's when this little trip?!?!?!?
The South East Asia is not very complicated ... whether it pours down or it falls on a blazing sun. The only window shooting possible between the two seasons. To complicate matters, the monsoon seasons and vary from country to country! The best period: March, a good period in November.
And for how long?
Given the number of kilometers, I do not do less than three weeks. I plan to do two weeks in March and two weeks in November, leaving the bike in Thailand meantime.

Due to louzzy wrok issue, it will be for November, and it will be for 4 weeks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcycle 2.xx and 3.xx version
I had purchased a 2nd africa twin, (I have resold the 1first one, for a better option, better equiped) Here I am almost done... Finally, even when it is necessary to improve!
-V2.1: all electrical wiring redone or nearly: very great moments of solitude ...
-V2.2: 12V plugs installation
-V2.3: Installation of additional lights
-V2.4: electrical safety
-V2.5-rust paint
-V2.6: gel seat to protect the butt of banker
-V2.7: purchase and install GPS installation

That was the "light work"!
-V3.0: 1 week in Bikeworkz (Kakit Bukit), in the hands of Ah Beng. Complete mechanical check-up! brakes, disc brake, chain, sprockets, oils, liquids, tap reserve fuel, grease
-V3.1: Installing of aluminium travel cases: Traxx 2x45L

-V4.0: just before leaving I will send my bike to Ah beng once again to clean the carburator because my current cunsumption is really high! something like 7L/100km. He will found out one of the fuel admission entrance was cloaked and block as open!!!! now fixed, it should be nicely reduced.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission Insurance:
1. Personal insurance / medical / fetching are already subscribed. I collect complete information, phone numbers etc. ... I make a little list of useful addresses: embassies, hospitals (not very funny how perspective, but better to have).
2. motorbike insurance: Axa then told me they would accept to ensure the bike to Thailand, they will not do ... race against time to find a successor who assures me that the best local insurance! Impossible, insurance will be only local third party (theft excluded!). Not very funny how news also.

I make my final preparations on purchasing-control Hong Kong and several spare parts for the bike on the internet

Attachments

• Equipment.JPG
    Equipment.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 411
Back
Top Bottom