1993 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Bullet, welcome back to Holland

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Here she is guys, finally at my small holiday place in The Netherlands:

That looks very nice and I guess riding that in the Netherlands at this of the year will be very appealing.

It's fun in the "polder" Lone Rider, but with about 100 Kmh max no fun on the highway :-)
Remembering driving my Norton ES2 and Velocette Venom, I am quite pleased with her.

I am considering to stick her in a box and smuggle her into the Rai, this is a good bike for Thailand.

Oooooh that is a lovely bike Marcell,

it would be a dream to own that in Thailand ,,,,or Holland

good luck

Today mounted a pillion pad so we can ride two up......:cool:
Hope that Pun does not end up sitting on the rear light!

IMGP7530.jpg

So long as you don't expect Pun to ride pillion on it all the way back to LOS :G

Would love to Phil, but I guess the transport costs would be quite high.
I have asked for a quote on the costs, if that is not too bad I will certainly try it.
Would you know a company that will do the sea freight and import?

Alternative I can bring her into Thailand in pieces with some relocation stuff I still need to bring over next year.

Pun is taking some big bikes lessons here Bob, soon she will want the keys so I can ride pillion.
She will have me kick start it, as they converted this one to twin spark by removing the decompression valve this RE is a bit tricky to start:RE

Marcel

Give Jamie a call, his prices are normally competitive & compare them.

Phone:

0808 061 684

038 072 074

Would love to Phil, but I guess the transport costs would be quite high.
I have asked for a quote on the costs, if that is not too bad I will certainly try it.
Would you know a company that will do the sea freight and import?

Alternative I can bring her into Thailand in pieces with some relocation stuff I still need to bring over next year.

Pun is taking some big bikes lessons here Bob, soon she will want the keys so I can ride pillion.
She will have me kick start it, as they converted this one to twin spark by removing the decompression valve this RE is a bit tricky to start:RE

I have a price but not yet one from Jamie.

I have to buy a crate/box and pack it myself. Box (2 m3) will be collected at my address and transported to BKK, I will need to collect the bike myself.
Import will be on a 1 month temporary import license. Price is almost 50.000 baht, about the value of the bike :G.
However if I combine it with my relocation stuff it is OK cause the relocation company quoted a tarif of 40.000 baht for 2 m3 door to door.

Let's await Jamie's quote.

Would there be any import duty on the bike Marcel, i recall considering shipping my Merc CL550 AMG and the amount of duty i was to pay was more than the value of the car at the time ??

No Bob, only the costs for a temporary import, as we are so close to Laos it will be easy for us to just drive it over the border every six months. Permanent import would be very costly and I am not sure if the RE will ever pass any emission regulation......

Here’s some real classic enduro thumpers, who would want to see these bikes on the Mekong trails?

Royal Enfield 350cc Trails:
scrambler_trials.jpg

McDeeb six days special, based on a 500cc Royal Enfield:
mcdeeb_six_days_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom