Sena Intercom battery issue/replacement (Solved)

daewoo

Bikes
Yamaha FZ1, 1984 XR250, KLR650 (past)
One of my two intercomms has become particularly problematic. Plug in to charge and the LED indicator would immediately change from red (charging) to blue (fully charged), and the unit wouldn't charge. The second one would do this occasionally as well, but unplugging and plugging in a few times would then allow it to charge.

An online search inicadated that swapping the battery might fix it.

I contacted Sena but they denied there was a known issue with the batteries (despite the internet being flooded with complaints).

Finding the exact battery was a bit of a challenge. Most sites didn't indicate my specific model (SF2) but did list other models, and then some would list those models and my models as compatible for the same battery, so I took a gamble and ordered the battery from Amazon (not available in stores here or local online stores). $Au20, shipped.

This battery is 800MAh (Lithium ion) replacing the original 650mah battery, which is good because the headet doesn't last a full day listening to music over blueetooth.

Replacement was very easy, about 10 tiny screws and double sided take holding the battery to the back of the circuit board. After replacement it charged immediately, minor problem when I went to use it and realised I had replaced the battery in the good unit, so I have now ordered a second battery to replace in the worse unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom