renting a motorbike in Siem Reap

lung jack

Bikes
honda 500cb/honda 250 ax
Hello,

A friend just told me that it is impossible to rent any kind of motorbike

in Siem Reap. Only VTT. Still true?

Can't you hire a moto taxi to visit the the far- away sites like Banta Srey?

Thanks for any info.

Lung Jack.

You can rent dirt bikes, but I think its only for trips with a guide. Search for Aki Pich on Facebook. I met him when I was riding my own bike there and he seems a good guy. His business name is Cambodia Trails.

The idea behind no rentals is to help the many thousands of tuktuk drivers there.

I've used Mr Jeat (Sojeat Chin on FB) for both tuktuk and van - although to declare an interest, I helped his family buy the van (no return to me). He and his family are great people. He's a driver, not a registered guide - but he knows his stuff and has tour guide contacts if that's what you want. He's taken me to Banta Srey.

Thanks a lot Big Fella,I'll forward your message to my friend.

In 2000,we've rented 2 Waves, the price was the same if you rented with or witout a driver! So we could go on our own

to Banta Srey and Roluos.

Forbiddig to rent a bike was the same years ago in Luang Prabang(tuk tuk maffia pressure?) but the decision was resumed.

Thaks again for the info,

Cheers, Lung Jack.

A warm Thank you from me too, Nightrider, I found Aki's website very promising.If things work out I owe you a drink.B'74

Siem Reap, a resort town in northwestern Cambodia, is the gateway to the ruins of Angkor, the seat of the Khmer kingdom from the 9th–15th centuries. Angkor’s vast complex of intricate stone buildings includes preserved Angkor Wat, the main temple, which is pictured on Cambodia’s flag. Giant, mysterious faces are carved into the Bayon Temple at Angkor Thom.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Transalp Cambodia Ride Reports 13
Back
Top Bottom