Yokohama New Years' Exotic Car Run

Kamakura Kid

The Porsche-designed engine in my H-D V-Rod means I get to hang out with the local Porsche guys and gals. This year, I was invited to the annual New Year's Exotic Car Run held on Jan 3rd. (Plus, it helps when the event organizer is your friend and a fellow Kwaka-holic).

Meet at one highway rest stop (where an informal gathering of such cars is held every 1st Friday evening), look at cars and swap lies for a couple hours, then take the long way to another highway rest stop located within the spiral access road leading up to the Yokohama Bay Bridge.

When I pulled into the rest area, I noticed a guy on a 2012 V-Rod, so I invited him to participate as well. He was pretty psyched at the invite, and went along for the run. Turns out he's part of a Yokohama based V-Rod group, so starting this month I'll be hanging out with those guys every 1st Saturday evening at the Yokohama Bay Bridge rest area.

30 some pics, so the usual link to my PhotoBucket album with a few choice pix posted here.

Link:

Exotic car run Jan 3rd 2012 pictures by wpb3pan - Photobucket

Pix:

Befitting the New Year, here we have The Old and The New. The silver one is mine, a 2002 first model V-Rod. The black one is the latest 2012 model.
P1020612.jpg

P1020614.jpg

P1020616.jpg

P1020619.jpg

P1020623.jpg

P1020622.jpg

CA3I1070.jpg

I was behind this guy for most of the run. He was probably loafing along at quarter throttle, I'm bouncing off the rev limiter trying to keep up. But, what a SWEEEEET exhaust note! Pure mechanical symphony emanating from those quad pipes.
P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

Not part of our group, but at the second rest area there were more Skyline GT-R's than you could shake a truckload of sticks at:
P1020632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom