YAMAHA FZ-09

Algarve Nick

Bikes
Suzuki B-King & Buell Ulysses
Has anyone on here bought one? Or know anyone who has? After much deliberation, I am going to buy one of these when I move over next year. My reasoning is that although you don't really need more than 250cc in Thailand, if I was going across Chiang Mai or Bangkok in a car, I'd rather do it in a large capacity vehicle than an A Series Mini 850. Therefore I'll have a motorbike which is more than I need. The benefits are many. A large tractable engine makes city work much easier. Less gear changes equals less tiring. Originally, the 'big' bike to catch my eye was the Ducati Scrambler, but air cooling in that climate must place strain on the engine. The other week, I was on the road between Córdoba and Seville. It was hot, and my Suzuki B-King's gear change felt stickier than usual. I pulled into the small town of La Carlota to look for somewhere to stay as the heat was getting to me, too. No surprise. A glance at an electronic board that registers time and temperature said it was after 6 p.m. and 48 degrees celsius.

Back
Top Bottom