WR450F 2012

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
What great video for what looks like a great bike:

Curious why you say that Phil.. Not that the Wr450 there isnt a superb desirable machine, but given your owning that KTM now, which fits that powerful enduro mold very closely I cant see the desperate need to jump on something.

Now if you were saying you wanted something lighter, or smaller, for the technical stuff.. OK that I can see.. Or adding a trials type climber.. Or a bunch of other stuff. But I would have thought that niche is kinda covered in your stable ??

LivinLOS said:
Curious why you say that Phil.. Not that the Wr450 there isnt a superb desirable machine, but given your owning that KTM now, which fits that powerful enduro mold very closely I cant see the desperate need to jump on something.

Now if you were saying you wanted something lighter, or smaller, for the technical stuff.. OK that I can see.. Or adding a trials type climber.. Or a bunch of other stuff. But I would have thought that niche is kinda covered in your stable ??

Maybe sell 1 of the 3 DRZ 400's and get one of these. Major upgrades from the old model from dual chamber suspension to fuel injection.......

Still talking with David Knight about getting one of his tricked out KTM 525's sent over.

A tricked out 525 previously owned by Mr Knight?
Ask him to send a heap of his talent over for us to share.

Bloody hell Phil, that's a lot of bike and wont be in the least bit scary, heavy or too powerful for Chiang Mai :phil

An assualt rifle for shooting rabbits. :GF Excellent choice Sir.

LUFC said:
A tricked out 525 previously owned by Mr Knight?
Ask him to send a heap of his talent over for us to share.

Bloody hell Phil, that's a lot of bike and wont be in the least bit scary, heavy or too powerful for Chiang Mai :phil

An assualt rifle for shooting rabbits. :GF Excellent choice Sir.

Chris is having a word with him, seeing if there's anything he wants to part with.

A Laos blasting machine

LivinLOS said:

I think the KTM and WR is a completely different experience all together. Similar power, but that's where it ends.

Similar size, similar power, similar weight.. Very different power delivery.. But I do get what your saying..

My point was more along the lines of why it had to be a 'make the mind up soon' when he has something of a similar kind of setup in the stable. I didnt get the urgency, which I would understand if he was itching for something very different like much lighter, or freeride 350 style, or etc..

LivinLOS said:
Similar size, similar power, similar weight.. Very different power delivery.. But I do get what your saying..

My point was more along the lines of why it had to be a 'make the mind up soon' when he has something of a similar kind of setup in the stable. I didnt get the urgency, which I would understand if he was itching for something very different like much lighter, or freeride 350 style, or etc..

Phils 300 is nearly 20Kgs lighter than the new WR, that's a massive weight advantage. The fi model seems to have sucked up alot of weight. I hear what your saying and is the reason I went for the 200 rather than the 300, to largen the weight/fun factor further. I do think the 450 is a great/better touring bike compared to the 2 strokes though, I couldn't see myself sitting on that 200/300 for around 3-5 days, saying that Phil manages it no probs.

Phil - I wouldnt get too excited about dual chamber forks. Unless your David Knight your not going to notice, when I fall off I never blame it on my forks only having a single chamber (however I might do as everyone is saying there miles better! - if only I had......). It only adds complication to when it goes wrong and whats wrong with carbs anyway?- light and a pain in the arse at altitude! Soooo.....buy mines and I'll pull the trigger on the 2012 so I can have those lovely upgrades 8-) what a machine, do it dude

Thats more weight difference that I would have assumed actually..

Also do agree if touring is into the mix. Tho I would assume thats a reason for at least one of his 3 DRZ's !! And the KTM990..

johnnysneds said:
LivinLOS said:

Phils 300 is nearly 20Kgs lighter than the new WR, that's a massive weight advantage. The fi model seems to have sucked up alot of weight. I hear what your saying and is the reason I went for the 200 rather than the 300, to largen the weight/fun factor further. I do think the 450 is a great/better touring bike compared to the 2 strokes though, I couldn't see myself sitting on that 200/300 for around 3-5 days, saying that Phil manages it no probs.

Phil - I wouldnt get too excited about dual chamber forks. Unless your David Knight your not going to notice, when I fall off I never blame it on my forks only having a single chamber (however I might do as everyone is saying there miles better! - if only I had......). It only adds complication to when it goes wrong and whats wrong with carbs anyway?- light and a pain in the arse at altitude! Soooo.....buy mines and I'll pull the trigger on the 2012 so I can have those lovely upgrades 8-) what a machine, do it dude

yep --in a bit of a quandary about what to buy ...... something torky not too heavy ...... wr250 and ktm 350 exc 4 stroke , keep coming to the top of the pile

I would assume wr250 fits the desire for lighter / torquier if your going 4 stroke.

What spring are you running, have you got the KTM to max lugability ??

I am going to stop looking at more bikes (well I would really like a trials at some point when I have more room) and just work on 'me'.. Was looking at a real nice gas gas in the UK, thinking about Jamie moving it, and then just come round to the fact a good rider would ride the wheels off the YZ I have. The bike isnt whats holding me back.

LivinLOS said:
I would assume wr250 fits the desire for lighter / torquier if your going 4 stroke.

I am going to stop looking at more bikes (well I would really like a trials at some point when I have more room) and just work on 'me'.. Was looking at a real nice gas gas in the UK, thinking about Jamie moving it, and then just come round to the fact a good rider would ride the wheels off the YZ I have. The bike isnt whats holding me back.

Running the medium power valve spring currently, need to test the green spring at some point

KTMphil said:
LivinLOS said:

Running the medium power valve spring currently, need to test the green spring at some point

Has it not got a "Pink" one? :lol3

johnnysneds said:
KTMphil said:
LivinLOS said:

Has it not got a "Pink" one? :lol3

Is that the Rekluse spring?

Back
Top Bottom