Why can't I PM other members??

KMA

Bikes
05 KTM 250 excf, 96 XR250
Have been a member since April with 60 posts and cannot PM other members. Anyone know the secret #'s to be able to achieve this honor??
Here is message I am shown when trying to PM:
"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Hi KMA

Can you try again now please & if it's working, respond to the message I just sent to you.

Thanks

Ally

All sorted now !

It would seem that some folks get caught in the new members group & never leave. Others naturally leave that group after a required number of posts & can pm at will.

:MG

The process is there to save us all getting spammed from one time posters that join, make a post & then start PM'ing the entire board! So it is useful.

Thanks to KMA pointing this out, I also found Lightemup was there with him too !

They are now both free to spam us all with pm's whenever they like.

:LOL

Ally

I have sent at least 3 PM's to Phil with the latest one last week and have not received a reply. I was starting to think he was just ignoring me.

After I seen this Thread I went back and looked at my sent messages and they do not appear to be saved there. All the messages were acknowledged as being sent at time of sending.

Has this been reported as being a problem?

Phil did you receive my PM's the latest one last week regarding the Chong Mek Crossing?

Thanks,
Jim

Did not receive it Jim?

BWG950S said:
I have sent at least 3 PM's to Phil with the latest one last week and have not received a reply. I was starting to think he was just ignoring me.

After I seen this Thread I went back and looked at my sent messages and they do not appear to be saved there. All the messages were acknowledged as being sent at time of sending.

Has this been reported as being a problem?

Phil did you receive my PM's the latest one last week regarding the Chong Mek Crossing?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim

Nope thats not been something previously raised as an error.

If the messages have been removed from you outbox, then they have (theoretically) been received by the recipient.

I have 2 messages sat in my outbox for almost a year now, the people tey went to just ignore the forum notice to them.

Lets see what Phil's response is to your question. Phil ?

Thanks for taking the time to let us know anyway.

Ally

ps, Jim, your account was not affected with the newly registered member issue that the original poster was.

Ally said:
Hi Jim

If the messages have been removed from you outbox, then they have (theoretically) been received by the recipient.

I have 2 messages sat in my outbox for almost a year now, the people tey went to just ignore the forum notice to them.

Ally

ps, Jim, your account was not affected with the newly registered member issue that the original poster was.

Just checked again they're not there and none have been deleted as far as i know.....

Ally said:
Hi Jim

Ally

Hi Ally,

I sent a reply to your PM. Did you receive it?

I did check and noticed that my reply was in the Outbox. Am I correct that this means that it has not been read?

Should there be a copy of it in the Sentbox as well? I do not see one there.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi there Jim

Yes I did receive you message, I have now responded to that from my inbox & it will have instantly left your outbox.

As soon as the message leaves your outbox it means the recipient has logged onto rideasia and their account has taken it into their inbox. Reading it though, requires the recipient to actually open the message!! :bash

If there is a message in your inbox that has not been read, then you will see a number in a bracket (1) denoting there is 1 unread message awaiting you. If you have also 6 other messages in your inbox that have been previously read then the (1) will still be just (1).

Your Outbox shows bracketed numbers next to the title of the box too if you have unsent messages. So if you sent 4 & only 1 has been received,(3) will appear next to the title.

Each messages you send gets moved to your sentbox when the recipient account receives it. If you click the sentbox title you will see the message you have sent listed there.

Hope that helps.

Ally

Ally said:
If there is a message in your inbox that has not been read, then you will see a number in a bracket (1) denoting there is 1 unread message awaiting you. If you have also 6 other messages in your inbox that have been previously read then the (1) will still be just (1).

My inbox showed there was an unread message.. But they had all been read..

I went into each message again but the 1 remained..

I couldnt find a 'mark all read' or way to clear the unread status... So I just deleted all messages.

So if a message is in outbox it's sent but not read ??

Jonny.. If you see this check your PMs..

LivinLOS said:
So if a message is in outbox it's sent but not read ??

Jonny.. If you see this check your PMs..

Spot on 8-)

The message needs to be somewhere at all times, its in the senders outbox until the recipient receives it in their outbox by visiting their message centre.

Sadly there is some confusion as most members get their notification of a PM existing via email, they then correspond via email with each other and the PM is still sat in the outbox waiting the recipient to view their message centre.

Hope that helps!

(you could also click the email icon next to Jonny's profile, that would go direct as an email)

Ally

I don't every is set up to "receive email from other members" I think the default sign up is admins only ??

Thanks for pointing out that very obvious mistake of mine LOS :kboom

I've been looking for a way to use this word for a while.

Bugger!

Ally

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels General Discussion 2
KMA General Discussion 3
Back
Top Bottom