Who said you cant get dirty in Bangkok!

Satonic

First - Thanks to Tonybkk. I only found out about this place by reading a trip report he made.

Second - This is the first time I have put together a trip report so I hope its ok.

Third - I'm terrible at taking photos.

I have had my KLX under a week now. Sitting there looking at me, all clean and new with that look in his headlight... you know the one... it says abuse me!

I wanted to wait until I had my new bars and hand guards before hitting any dirt but willpower isnt my strongest point. I'll just take it easy I thought to myslef...

So off I went to Bo Din, a beautiful area 25 km from Bang Kapi, Bangkok.

Decimal GPS: 13.886782,100.796598
Lat 13° 53' 12.4152" Long 100° 47' 47.7528"

Still looking clean but the road ends :)

1.jpg
Not sure what this guy was doing
2.jpg
The track runs around the lake, in the background are some jumps and climbs
3.jpg
Behind the lakes, a huge area where you will find jumps, hills, steep climbs and more
4.jpg
Hmmm.... Thinking I should swap these dual purpose tires to off road tires
6.jpg
No longer thinking... I need to swap
5.jpg
Made it up to the higher tracks
7.jpg
Klx trying to blend in to its surroundings
8.jpg
My favourite shot of the day
9.jpg
Using mud to convert my tires into slicks
10.jpg
Not sure where this went, about another 100 meters along it was so swampy I had to turn back
11.jpg
Some of the jumps and climbs
12.jpg
Local wildlife wondering what this strange foreigner is up to
14.jpg
On the way out, notice the smile on his face now he is dirty
15.jpg
The floating restaurants on the way in/out to stop for a cold one before heading home for a looooong shower
16.jpg

Cheers

Great pics there Satonic ;) you certainly found a nice playground in Bkk. Do you have co-ords for it... or at least a map location?

Thanks for sharing

Ally

Great pics there Satonic ;) you certainly found a nice playground in Bkk. Do you have co-ords for it... or at least a map location?

Thanks for sharing

Ally

Decimal GPS: 13.886782,100.796598
Lat 13° 53' 12.4152" Long 100° 47' 47.7528"

Does that help? I'm new to GPS sorry.

Must be fairly difficult finding places to ride in the metropolis.

Ally

Don't know if this helps to find places to ride on an offroad bike but there is the Mountain Bike Hash House Harriers in Bangkok and they go out riding on mountain bikes once a month or so. They publish reports on their trips as well as the routes taken as .gdb and/or .gpx files. I realize that you may not be able to do/ride the same places on an offroad motorbike as on a mountain bike but it may give you some ideas to look at.

Their archive of ride reports and GPS tracks is here: Bangkok Hash House Bikers

Don't know if this helps to find places to ride on an offroad bike but there is the Mountain Bike Hash House Harriers in Bangkok and they go out riding on mountain bikes once a month or so. They publish reports on their trips as well as the routes taken as .gdb and/or .gpx files. I realize that you may not be able to do/ride the same places on an offroad motorbike as on a mountain bike but it may give you some ideas to look at.

Their archive of ride reports and GPS tracks is here: Bangkok Hash House Bikers

Lone Rider,

Thank you very much indeed for that link.

Thats my reading material for today sorted (after I clean my bike!).

Looks like it will hold some really valuable information.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom