When will be the Thailand and Myanmar borders will be Open?

Ojas Oneness

Bikes
SUZUKI GZ 150-A
Dear friends, I heard still the Thailand, Myanmar boarders are closed?? I wanted to start my journey on this May 22nd from HCMC, Vietnam. Please let me know about Cambodia boarder too?

I am Indian Nation, my bike plate is Vietnamese Registration. ( I am working in Vietnam)
Thank you for your kind information.
Best regards.
Ojas Oneness

bsacbob

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Best guess at the moment if early mid July, the Vietnam border is also closed into Laos, no firm news on when that will open, but the Vietnam government has extended tourist visa for those trapped in country (me) until the end of June. So I guess they are all aiming for the same date, mid July.

The Bigfella

Bikes
KTM 950SER & EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, BSA B33, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & X, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
... and you probably won't be allowed into Laos on a 150cc bike.

bsacbob

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
... and you probably won't be allowed into Laos on a 150cc bike.
Taking a Vietnamese plated bike into Laos is not a problem even a 150cc, you see loads for sale around the big towns by backpackers. The biggest issue will be border points being open, Myanmar and India have increasing numbers of covid, until that slows there's little chance they will open to overlanders.

The Bigfella

Bikes
KTM 950SER & EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, BSA B33, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & X, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
They certainly stop the small bikes going in from this side. We had a chap turn up here a few months back on a sub250 bike. He was denied entry in Chiang Khong and ended up selling the bike there and flying home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Announcements, Suggestions and Support 14
Top Bottom