want to get back in the saddle

asiaexpat

Bikes
need a good one
Hey everyone
Great forum here--reading through these trip reports brings back so many memories. I lived in Chiangrai for 9 years--1987-1996 and spent a great deal of time dirtbiking the chaingrai mountains. Started with a Honda MTX--it got stolen parked in front of my restaurant in CR--Napoli Pizza--anyone remember that place??

Got a KDX 250 after that--purchased in Chaing Mai from a big shop which was sort of near the train station. cost me 95000 baht at that time--first one in CR--It was a heavy bike but served me well for a few years. I was taking tourists on overnight enduro tours to hilltribe villages--etc... awesome times. those days we couldn't go to laos or burma but there was plenty of good trails in CR

Circumstances forced me to Bangkok where I got a job and have been working here since--Nearing early retirement now.
My plan is to finish up work end of 2014 and then move to Chaingmai and get back into biking.
I want to take trips into Loas, Cambodia, Vietnam etc--everywhere--offroad as much as possible.

I will need a bike, all the equipment blah blah but most of all need to meet people who share this same interest--thats why i am here.

I think Im too old for any of these souped up 2 strokes--a nice 4 stroke KTM--as light and powerful as possible--maybe I won't be able top swing that and end up with a CFL or whatever that new honda is called.

I used to have tons of great biking photos from those days but they rotted away--that really pisses me off.

Enough for now

take care

Why wait till retirement? Why not get back into biking now? There's quite an active group of both on and off road bikers around Bangkok.

Why wait till retirement? Why not get back into biking now? There's quite an active group of both on and off road bikers around Bangkok.
HAHA

I'm totally focused on getting this last year of work behind me and I have a full life of activities--softball, badminton, daytrading. To me the idea of getting a dirt bike here in bangkok and going out on some expeditions is not appealing at all. Takes 2 hours just to get out of traffic.

Welcome to RideAsia 'asiaexpat'.
We'll still be here when you're ready to jump back into the saddle.
I think you're referring to the Honda CRF250L; great little all-rounder.
On mine now, heading up to ride along the Mekong.

Back
Top Bottom