Wales September 2008

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Trip on 7th & 8th september 2008

In early september after a wet summer we had a week of virtually non stop rain, I got rained off of work on wednesday and again on friday. Saturday rained all day again then the forecast was clearing up on sunday afternoon for a couple of days so I decided to take another trip to Wales. I questioned my sanity as I loaded up the Harley with my camping gear and then rode 300+km in the rain, as I crossed over into Wales it stopped raining and actually brightened up a bit, now hopefully those reservoirs will be overflowing
Wales070.jpg

As I rode into the Elan valley this beautiful sight greeted me
Wales071.jpg

Wales072.jpg

Wales073.jpg

Seeing this and getting these pictures which my Mother wanted to see was well worth the discomfort of the long wet journey
Wales074.jpg

I was surprised at how much spray came off of the water
Wales075.jpg

7th september
Wales007.jpg

26th july, theres something really wrong here as the september level should be lower than the july level
Wales076.jpg

Same at the next one
Wales077.jpg

Wales078.jpg

7th september
Wales016.jpg

26th july
Wales079.jpg

Wales080.jpg

The third ones overflowing as well
Wales024.jpg

But not quite there on 26th july
Wales081.jpg

Wales082.jpg

Four out of four so far
Wales083.jpg

Wales084.jpg

A ride further north just past Llanidloes finds the Llyn Clywedog reservoir overflowing as well
Wales040.jpg

26th july
Wales085.jpg

Wales086.jpg

Its time to go back to Brecon to eat a fish&chips dinner then pitch the tent, I spend the coldest night that I have ever known at my usual camp site up in the mountains. No one else is camping there (theyve probably all got more sense) As the sun comes up in the morning I begin to thaw out and decide that september is not a good time to be camping up at this exposed spot, then its a hot breakfast cooked on my stove, about four mugs of coffee then off to visit the last reservoir
Wales087.jpg

Its off to the Llyn Brianne reservoir just north of Llandovery which again is overflowing but unlike all the others down a shute and not so spectacular. I was reading in the paper that this is the highest of this kind in the country and some people were kayaking down the overflow, sod that theres lots of rocks at the bottom
Wales088.jpg

Wales089.jpg

Wales090.jpg

I can think of better things to do than slide down there
Wales091.jpg

Mission accomplished and a ride back home with these great photos which my Mother thought were great as she has never managed to get here when its been overflowing

Back
Top Bottom