V-Strom 650 mods and info

Johnsy

Bikes
650 V-Strom
Here are a few mods that I have completed on the 650 V-Strom; they have made some pretty good improvements on what is already a great bike.

Scorpion exhaust - Now it sounds like a motor bike instead of a sewing machine, looks a whole lot better and lost 7kg of weight plus gained a few extra horse power.
K&N high flow air filter - Better and higher volume air flow.
Power Commander V - Much smoother, more responsive throttle/power across bottom end, mid range and in particular top end and a few extra horse power.
Fork Brace and dropped the triple clamps 5mm - A little less effort in tipping the bike into a corner, tracks better, more stable and holds a line much better.
All of these items were from SV Racing Parts http://www.svracingparts.com/ speak to Blair he's a top bloke who will bend over backwards to help you out.
Radiator Guard - self-explanatory.
Givi Airflow Screen - I couldn't stand the stock screen, the buffeting was horrendous no matter where you set it. The Givi Airflow screen is awesome with so much adjustability and the airflow principal works a treat.
These two items I got from Jacketboy in BKK http://jacketboy.com/ nice guy, fast delivery and good price.
SW Motech sump guard - self-explanatory, tough as nails and a good fit.
SW Motech Hand Guards with LED indicators - these are just about as good as Barkbusters but with the added safety of built in LED indicators that look pretty cool.
SW Motech Engine Guards - good fit and tough as nails but the mounting points could be better.
SW Motech Boxes and Racks - A bit too wide but not many other options with that huge stock muffler in the way. Best part about these is you can install/remove the racks in 2 mins so you don't have big ugly racks on the bike when you aren't using the boxes.
Suzuki Centre Stand - self-explanatory, solid, easy to install.
Suzuki Magnetic Tank Bag - Good size, good external pockets plus map pouch and internal document pouches, magnets are brilliant but I just strap it to the rear rack.
All of the SW Motech and Suzuki stuff I got from Suzuki in Chiang Mai Chotana Road, Changpuak, Chiang Mai, 50300.
Michelin Anakee III Tires - This was the single biggest improvement on the bike, the stock Trailwing tires are truly crap but these Anakee's are sensational, great in the wet, awesome traction on road and pretty good off road. Purchased these at Cockpit Hangdong, excellent service and price.

Mods (10) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (11) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (12) (1024x576).jpg
20150703_165129 (1024x558).jpg
Mods (23) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (16) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (15) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (13) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (18) (576x1024).jpg
Mods (28) (576x1024).jpg
Mods (14) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (17) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (19) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (20) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (24) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (26) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (27) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (30) (1024x576).jpg
Mods (21) (1024x576).jpg

Now you're talking Jonhsy.

very nice good job ready to roll.

Did the Power Commander V come pre-programmed for your set up or did you Dyno and changed the ECU setting ?

How much did the tyres set you back Steve ?

Now you're talking Jonhsy.

very nice good job ready to roll.

Did the Power Commander V come pre-programmed for your set up or did you Dyno and changed the ECU setting ?

Hi Steve,
The PCV comes pre-programmed for a stock bike which is a good improvement overall but Blair from SV Racingparts emailed me a map specifically for the K&N filter and the Scorpion exhaust. He has the same set up on his own bike and had a full dyno and map produced and shares that with you when you buy these products. Otherwise you can go to the PCV web site and down load a whole lot of different maps for different set ups which is pretty impressive and easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom