Umphang Back To Mae Sot

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The Route 1090

Total Distance 178 km
DSCF4559.jpg

After six nights in Umphang it was time to leave, this trip I discovered a hell of a lot more from riding offroad whilst here and theres plenty of tracks I never got round to trying so plenty left for the next visit here
DSCF4560.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

DSCF4562.jpg

A few shots from just out of my guest house
DSCF4563.jpg

First stop was Dot Com for breakfast, I asked for eggs and toast but I guess as I always have raw onions with my meals here she assumed I wanted them with my breakfast too, after frying them it wasnt too bad a mix though, 30 Baht for breakfast
DSCF4564.jpg

DSCF4565.jpg

Umphangs giant km marker
DSCF4566.jpg

DSCF4567.jpg

DSCF4568.jpg

DSCF4569.jpg

Now for a fun ride back to Mae Sot with just a few photo stops
DSCF4572.jpg

DSCF4574.jpg

DSCF4575.jpg

DSCF4576.jpg

DSCF4577.jpg

Although Umphang didnt get it there was a thunderstorm close by last night and there was evidence of rain for a fair way out with a much fresher atmosphere and better visibility today
DSCF4579.jpg

I was hoping this picture from the scenic area would be clearer than this but I guess there wasnt enough wind and rain last night
DSCF4580.jpg

DSCF4581.jpg

DSCF4582.jpg

DSCF4583.jpg

DSCF4584.jpg

DSCF4585.jpg

DSCF4586.jpg

A great fun road that never fails to excite
DSCF4588.jpg

The best pizza in town at Casa Mia for 130 Baht
DSCF4589.jpg

Lime cheese cake for 50 Baht

You can get the gdb file from my website here … http://www.captainslash.com

Looks like you're about to head south around the national park to Kanchanaburi Colin?

Yesterdays route back to Mae Sot

umphang to mae sot.jpg

Colin - I was looking around on Google Earth NW of Kanchanaburi (border area around 14 DEG north) - looks like an excellent exploring area.

NW of Kanchanaburi.jpg

Yes Phil around the Bongti area I have crossed over and rode into Burma a few years ago, theres lots out that way but I have decided to give Kanchanaburi a miss this holiday as I wouldnt get much time there.

I will have a few more days in Mae Sot then get back to Mae Sariang to explore some more around there

Captain_Slash said:
Yes Phil around the Bongti area I have crossed over and rode into Burma a few years ago, theres lots out that way but I have decided to give Kanchanaburi a miss this holiday as I wouldnt get much time there.

I will have a few more days in Mae Sot then get back to Mae Sariang to explore some more around there

Might be able to come meet you in Mae Sariang in a few days

I dont know how long before I will get there Phil, probably sunday at the earliest as I still have a few more exploratory trips to do in Mae Sot first

Back
Top Bottom