UK Springtime 2016

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
IMG_5821.jpg
My first ride out in early april, a nice sunny day with a pleasant temperature slightly warmer then what it should be at this time of year
IMG_5822.jpg
Still got the red telephone boxes in most small villages but hardly any of them contain telephones anymore
IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg
Plenty of water flowing in the small streams through the fields
IMG_5825.jpg
A new style phone box complete with working telephone
IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg
The River Test between Romsey and Stockbridge in Hampshire
IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg
Then mid april the temperature dropped to well below what it should be with some heavy frosts
IMG_5833.jpg
People were scraping the ice from their windscreens every morning and it didn't matter how well I wrapped up it was a cold ride to work in the mornings with frozen fingers every day.
Perhaps I should have stayed longer and enjoyed Thailands april heatwave
IMG_5834.jpg
My garlic patch looking a bit frozen
IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg
The lids of the wheelie bins were frozen shut
IMG_5837.jpg
Nice sundays as in dry but it was so cold riding too far and took away the enjoyment
IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg
Lots of bluebells around this year
IMG_5840.jpg
I am spending more time each year exploring these small back roads, the 500F is great for them, light and flickable with more than enough power.
Riding along these C roads at 100 kph really feels fast and is much more fun to me then being on A roads
IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg
The muck spreader kicking up a delightful country smell, being a country boy from a small village of about 800 people and surrounded by farms I grew up with this and the aroma doesn't bother me at all.
In fact its much more pleasant and healthier then the smog, dust and other crap you breathe in cities, Chiang Mai being a prime example
IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg
Wednesday evening ride out and I don't see many of these Morini's these days
IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg
Shopping in Lidl's I noticed their own brand of a Bailey's copy, 180 Baht for a 70 cl bottle seemed a good price and it was a pleasant addition to my night time mug of cocoa.
Pity you pay through the nose for this in Thailand or does anyone know where it can be bought for a reasonable price?
IMG_5850.jpg
Sunday 1st may and the hottest day of the year so far, riding in Oxfordshire and I was sweating.
I started off with lots of layers on being used to the cold but soon it was just a t shirt under the leather jacket and no trousers under my leather trousers
IMG_5851.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg
Sadly the temperature had dropped during the following week and it was back to seasonal weather again

Attachments

• 20160515.gpx
    396.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 20160508.gpx
    504.7 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
View attachment 46925
People were scraping the ice from their windscreens every morning and it didn't matter how well I wrapped up it was a cold ride to work in the mornings with frozen fingers every day.
Perhaps I should have stayed longer and enjoyed Thailands april heatwave

Nice pictures Colin but I am not sure if you would have liked the heat wave we are having here with temperatures above 40 degrees C. almost every day for the last six weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom