Trucks damaging the Huay Khon border crossing into Laos

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Bangkok post, 11th July, 2012

Trucks damage road at border
NAN: State officers working at Huakon immigration checkpoint in Chalerm Prakiat district are concerned about large trucks damaging the road at the Thai-Lao border.

The trucks carry construction materials and heavy machinery to a lignite power plant in Laos, said Payungsak Tanathip, head of the disease control unit at the checkpoint.

About 500 trucks have been crossing the checkpoint each month since the firm began transporting the materials a few months ago, he said.

The damaged road is inconveniencing locals and tourists.

Part of the immigration office was removed to allow large trucks to pass through the checkpoint. Officials are using a tent for some services.

The construction firm has promised to rebuild the office immediately after all the materials have been transported.

trucks border  1.jpg

Yes, I was wondering about that also as every time I cross there, I see this beautiful new paved road running from the border to the Hongsa Power Plant. At this moment they are transporting building materials, etc. but in the near future they will have to transport the generators, the steam boiler equipment and so on and these will be really heavy I guess.

Back
Top Bottom