Trail around Chiang Dao

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Alex UK, Alex USA (ThePoMoBro) and me went for 2 days riding to Chiang Dao.
One of us will write an extensive ride report as soon as we got time, in the meantime here is a video of a small track we discovered and is not mapped.

We did not go all the way since it rained all night and didn't want to get stuck. The villagers said there is a way over the mountain to the road.

Attached the map with where the track is and a small video.

As usual, viewable in 720p:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPY0W-0ZFo[/VIDEO]
edit: attachments don't work anymore, I click on upload attachment, select file and description then "Add the file" but it doesn't show up.

I saw Alex today he says he has the tracks saved, he showed me where you poked around into some uncharted territory.

Off-topic awesome picture of Alex UK chasing a snake with a stick from a few months ago. :WTF haha. Everyone here in CM should recognize this trail.

Photo0669.jpg

Uploading the day 1 pics and track right now, Max.

Thanks Alex, let me know where you uploaded it (on 4shared?).

A bit off topic as well:
Trying out the new stabilization function in Adobe After Effects. It is very impressive but need a bit more work to look good. In this state the video looks a bit weird:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fp1KlBqqOc[/VIDEO]

nice little vid max, there are loads of trails around chiang dao, a lot that have yet to be put on the gps map. Quite a few interesting link ups can be made..!! love to ride them with u guys :DD sometime when me knee gets better.

thanx for the snake pic PMB
Heres the tracks we rode and profiles
5997992711_82c521f114_z.jpg

Tracks to ChiangDao
5998543374_ed4dfac47a_z.jpg

Chiang Dao to Phrao
5998543710_46d15387b7_z.jpg

Phrao to Chiang Mai
5997993935_3368bef35f_z.jpg

Nice video, man. Dig the music, too. These keep getting better. I uploaded the files to the 4shared.

Wish I was there on Sunday... Looks good. The rack is welded up pretty good but I'd like to reinforce the subframe before my next trip.

Anyone know if the stock XR rack (comes with the Baja, I think) is really designed for only 5kg?

ThePoMoBro said:
Nice video, man. Dig the music, too. These keep getting better. I uploaded the files to the 4shared.

Wish I was there on Sunday... Looks good. The rack is welded up pretty good but I'd like to reinforce the subframe before my next trip.

Anyone know if the stock XR rack (comes with the Baja, I think) is really designed for only 5kg?

Alex - go over to Somchai;s machine shop on R 1141, 400 meters south of airport plaza. Northbound R 1141 just before the flyover (before the abandoned Ford dealership on the left he is down the soi 100 meters ) ask for Kun long --- they can make you a strong rack cheaper than what you can have shipped here.... look in vendors there's a link.

With you having Auke's North Thailand Dirt Track & Tarmac GPS Map showing in basecamp, why does your map look like this?

5997992711_82c521f114_z.jpg

KTMphil said:
Alex - go over to Somchai;s machine shop on R 1141, 400 meters south of airport plaza. Northbound R 1141 just before the flyover (before the abandoned Ford dealership on the left he is down the soi 100 meters ) ask for Kun long --- they can make you a strong rack cheaper than what you can have shipped here.... look in vendors there's a link.

Mine's a copy made by Mr. Kwan (he owns the machine shop I usually go to just across the moat from Rider's Corner - on the little road that runs along the small moat leading away from the NE corner of the main moat) - supposedly the go-to guy according to my mechanic but maybe not. :| Will go talk to your guy to see if he can do any better.

Was in a hurry lastnight to post before the connexion died
6000074347_505dece9e4_z.jpg

happy now?

Alex, you have a link to your fotos?

alexuk said:
Alex, you have a link to your fotos?

http://www.4shared.com/folder/JeOd1Bd8/AlexJungle.html

It's the "ChiangDao.rar" file. Can you upload yours there as well (put them all in a zip/rar before uploading). ThanksDSCN0433.JPG

**Edit by Admin - Regarding your earlier comment regarding attachments not working, this image looks a cracker to me - used from your downloaded rar file. **

Yes, I like a good root
6000567671_85371a294a_z.jpg

Who knows where this is??
and who's ridden it?

Not the same one, yours Phil is this one:

Attachments

• DSCN0428_resized.jpg
    DSCN0428_resized.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 672
The bridge Alex is on is about 400 meters north out of Sop Gai isnt it?

You can see the one Alex is on doesn't have any longitudinal wooden planks whereas the other one does.

Back
Top Bottom