"TopoCharger"

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
TopoCharger.jpg

Is this the end of motorcycle GPS? - Motorbike Writer

Very interesting concept but only for the USA so far.

LOL at the iPhone..

I just think the average phone or small tablet.. Is too much of a compromise for a GPS unit which is important enough to want a dedicated, ruggedized device. Sure they can 'make do' and are very useful with a data connection for route planning, to double check, or as a very rough guide.. But when it comes to ongoing routing you want something made for the task and as much as it pains me, due to how awful the software and customer support can be Garmin just make solid hardware. I keep one in each car, and one for all my bikes.

In fact after not liking the original zumo that much, the one Keld recently purchased seems a great device. Might get one of those just for my road bike setup. The screen sure beats out the tougher 60csx I havent upgraded.

I bought a smartphone with a 4" screen recently and gave it a go.

After finding it to be too bulky to carry around in my pocket and having to charge the battery every night and some other annoying stuff like finding and saving contacts and going a bit funny at the smallest bump....it's parked in the desk and i've gone back to the old,much smaller mobile that you can use for call,sms and FM radio...not that i use the radio.

The only time it came in handy was for using the internet when out and about a couple of times.....which i can live without.

I would rather use my iPhone (in w.r. case mounted to bar with power from battery) then a Garmin. Much prefer choice of maps, internet access - and saves carrying extra phone.

Back
Top Bottom