Top 12 places to retire in the world - Chiang Mai number 9

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Top 12 places to retire in the world - Chiang Mai number 9

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathleen-peddicord/best-places-to-retire-overseas_b_8917292.html

Chiang Mai offers not only a super low cost of living, as does Thailand in general, but also great weather, less typical in this country. The high-quality health care and health-related services are also big pluses for foreign retirees, as are the city's modern infrastructure and abundance of Western amenities.
Chiang Mai is a place where it can be possible for foreign retirees to find work if they're interested in supplementing their retirement nest eggs or simply looking to become involved in their new community; many Westerners are employed in Chiang Mai in language schools, universities, medical facilities, and tourist-related industries.
It used to be possible to stay indefinitely in Thailand with a tourist visa, making visa runs to a neighboring country every month or so. However, the relevant laws were changed a few years ago. Now a foreigner who wants to live in Thailand long-term needs a visa. No problem, as Thailand now offers several attractive residency visa options.

Retire to - retirement visa has a few hoops to jump through but not that hard?

But what are those "several attractive residency visa options" available to a person under 50 who wish to retire (not work, marry, study etc) in Thailand?

Well, alternative to retirement visa's there are several options to get a tourist visa and some gold cards if you have the cash to spend.
Looking at average age of retirement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_age I think the age of 50 is a very generous one!

I would not call a tourist VISA a residency VISA. The gold cards I would not call attractive due to the high cost. It is not like it costs Thailand something to have the VISA age limit at 50, rather than 65 for example.

Anyhow, as I can not think of one VISA that fits the description attractive residency VISA for a person under 50 the statement Thailand now offers several attractive residency visa options rang false to me.

Back
Top Bottom