They were terrible , but they were fun

clemo

Bikes
Vespa ET50 / Honda C90
Pretty terrible , broke down daily ( until we had replaced most of the parts) but actually they became a lot of fun. IMG_2998.jpgIMG_3099.jpg

You see these quite often here in Thailand during weekends as it seems to be the bike of choice for the young alternative generation to go on trips with their gear in a plastic box either on the front of on the back

If you think they were terrible.... try a Zinda - a China-Honda, ie copy

I did 3,000 to 3,500km in Vietnam on this one.... speedo broke, so not really sure

The nice thing with the clones.... genuine, second-hand, spares still fit

Big fella :- A Zinda you say ... never heard or seen one of them
where were you riding that round?

I bought it in HCM City, rode via DaLat to Nha Trang - shipped it to Hanoi... used it there, shipped to LaoCai, up to Sapa, around there, then north, west, south, east.... etc. Cuc Phoung and back to Hanoi. I gave it to a charity when I left, an organisation taking street kids and training them as mechanics. Served its purpose. Was never able to get the front brake working.

Lol, I had a 'Zinda' as well in 2010. Some bod try to sell it to me as a 'genuine Honda' in Hanoi until I pointed out the chinese name stamped on the engine cover and the general low-rent finish on the bike -which got me $100 off the price (down to $300.) But, it didn't miss a beat in over 1,000 miles riding from North to South in Monsoon conditions -until I went into a submerged pothole outside Nha Trang, bent the forks and re-configured the binnacle plastic (and came close to breaking both wrists). I sold it for $200 to a diving instructor. You harbour a small affection for bikes like this although I found it very uncomfortable after 50 miles or so. Here she is somewhere in the mountains between Hue and Hoi An.

cam 069.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CRF Rainbow Bike Photos 1
Back
Top Bottom