The New Suzuki V Strom XT

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Just arrived home and managed to wipe the stupid grin off my face to write a few words:

After my initial brush off by Suzuki Chiang Mai they came up with the good's as promised and my new toy was dispatched into my eager hand's. Next choice was which way to go home bearing in mind the roads in the region are currently infested with Bangkok drivers with a death wish, 118 or 107. No brainer the 107 was the route of choice giving me as nice 280 ride home to test out my new baby.

2014-12-30 12.24.44.jpg

So what's new with the XT V Strom i hear you ask, well nothing really, it now sports a rather blunt beak, but more interesting is the spoked tubeless rim's which shed's a Kg off your load for not needing tubes. What best describes the V Strom XT, well i would say it's the Volvo of the motorcycle world (and i've owned a lot of Volvo's) not exactly a pipe smoker but it gets the job done. The engine is not going to propel you to warp factor speed's but along with it's smoothness and the protection of the small adjustable screen your cosseted along in almost silence to whisk you to speeds over 140 KM (ensuring not to go beyond the 5000 rpm of course while running i) with ease, the stock Bridgestone Trail Wing's while not super sticky race tyres they do the job very well.

2014-12-30 11.50.23.jpg 2014-12-30 11.49.44.jpg

The front brake is awesome and the ABS works as it should (i checked), the gearbox is sweet as a nut and gear change is a delight, riding the twisty bit's on the 107 avoiding the ever determined Bangkok drivers was pure joy.

Arriving home after safely navigating through the standstill traffic heading into Chiang Rai due to the flower festival, my new bride thrust a cold beer in my hand and asked how was the bike, all i could do was smile.

You ask do i like the bike, shit yes i love the thing, ok it's not a GS and it's never going to cut the mustard with the like's of the Ducati Hypermotard but it not trying too, but bang for the buck it's hard to beat. Anything i don't like, sure the fucking horn's is pitiful, whatever was Suzuki thinking of to install such a worthless excuse for a horn :WTF

2014-12-30 15.31.38.jpg

So will the love affair continue, well i'm going on a short loop to Khon Kaen, Mae Sot then home with a pal who rides a new Ducati Hyperstrada......So let's see.

Congrats on the new bike Bob, hope she will give u less wahala than the Beemer.

Congrats, it looks fantastic. So apart from the spoked tubeless wheels, what else is in the XT package?

Smooth as silk as they say, apart from a slight front wheel wobble which i am sure is a balancing issue :ride:

Smooth as silk as they say, apart from a slight front wheel wobble which i am sure is a balancing issue :ride:

Does anybody have a list of Suzuki dealers outside of Bangkok I'm in Nan right now and heading to Nong Khai and will need a first service in two days ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Apart from BKK and Yan Nawa there are Suzi Big Bike dealers in Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Pathom, Chonburi, Hua Hin, Phuket, Songkhla and CM!

Suzuki NAN - probably just Cars : 085-1878666

Suzuki Nong Khai : 257/13 --15 Prachak Rd Nai muang, Muang, tel. 66 42460119

Suzuki Motorcycle showroom , Nong Khai : ​N17.85832° E102.74946° 0-4241-1310 - Small bikes, for sure but maybe able to change your Oil.

otherwise it's Khon Kaen :-

THAIYONT KHONKAEN CO.,LTD
139/4-5-6 Pracha Samoson rd.,Nai Muang Sub District, Muang KhonKaen District, Khonkaen Province 40000
Tel : 043-237139, 043-236733
Hotline : 083-661-3797 or 084-402-1160

Suzuki NAN - probably just Cars : 085-1878666

Suzuki Nong Khai : 257/13 --15 Prachak Rd Nai muang, Muang, tel. 66 42460119

Suzuki Motorcycle showroom , Nong Khai : ​N17.85832° E102.74946° 0-4241-1310 - Small bikes, for sure but maybe able to change your Oil.

otherwise it's Khon Kaen :-

THAIYONT KHONKAEN CO.,LTD
139/4-5-6 Pracha Samoson rd.,Nai Muang Sub District, Muang KhonKaen District, Khonkaen Province 40000
Tel : 043-237139, 043-236733
Hotline : 083-661-3797 or 084-402-1160

Thanks for the info guys tried them all so bugger it will get done in Chiang Mai it will 2 k plus by then but oh well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Mityon in Pattaya Klang opposite big c have them in stock ,,

What a great bike , its much better than any BMW , just as much capable as a Ducati MS , I like the new versys too , both have great engines

enjoy it mate .... i am jealous ,,,

just drop the Oil at any Castrol service centre. No ones to know and it will give you peace of mind

Sorted in Loei today.

Dear all

Can I know roughly what is the mileage consumption of the Vstrom 650XT?......just comparing to my 22yr old Africa Twin which is doing approx 16km/litre with cruising around 110km/hr +/- .

There a dealer near Penang that has a new unit for sale for RM43K and I may check it out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Regards

Lip Meng

Lip Meng...I have the DL650A not the XT but I would say they are exactly the same in mileage and I'm getting around 22klm's / 1 ltr

Lip Meng...I have the DL650A not the XT but I would say they are exactly the same in mileage and I'm getting around 22klm's / 1 ltr

Thanks Johnsy. I presume it must be approx 25km/litre at least. Will be riding there to see the bike as there aren't any here in my hometown.

Regards

Lip Meng

Its fuel consumption should be a lot better as its a FI engine

Went there to check out the bike yesterday morning but unfortunately the dealer only has a showroom unit which is alloy rim and not the XT model and sells at RM41K+.

Perhaps to wait till some better offer come along but seems things are just not promising as bikes here are getting more expensive as compared to Thailand. I was told by a dealer that the Honda NC750X 2016 here sells about RM61K which is ridiculous and a imported reconditioned NC700X 2012 from Japan with mileage 7000 to 8000 miles are going for RM38K +......Just pure insanity.

Apart from BKK and Yan Nawa there are Suzi Big Bike dealers in Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Pathom, Chonburi, Hua Hin, Phuket, Songkhla and CM!

Two other dealers available, Phitsanulok 81 Auto, also benelli and KTM dealer and Suzuki BB Korat. Very impressed with the professional after sales service in BB Korat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pm to myself would have sufficed rather than shit stirring gentlemen :naughty:

No problem, no harm done.

Increase the ground clearance, reduce the overall size by about 15%, loose 30kg and it would be a killer bike :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom