The last ride with George

esspressolungo

Bikes
Honda XR 250
Actually I wanted to go riding with NOB this week. George called me and wanted to do some more riding before he leaves. I couldn't resist this offer as I don't know when he will be back. Obkahn was on our list. After filling up our iron horses with some potential fuel we were ready to blast off into nowhere's land. We took the Doi Kham shortcut to the road to Samoeng and then took the road the connects to Obkahn. But before that we had to play around a little bit in the mine, it is so much fun there. After playing around and looking for some connecting road we turned around and shortly after we found ourselves at the Obkahn headquarters. In the very last village theres a temple and I remember there was a single trail, but couldn't find it. 3 attempts unsuccessful. The last attempt I checked out my new O'neal Hellraiser Body Armor with Sas Tec protectors. I fell about 6 or 7 meters from the mountain and didn't feel anything - now that is what I call protection - super cool highly recommended. I was bleeding because a bamboo rod speared my chin. Went to the temple trying to find Aloe Vera, no success so just washed my face. The track through the creek of Obkahn was overgrown and in some parts I couldn't make out the trail anymore.

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg
DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

But this conditions should be getting worse. After coming back to the main road we tried to find some more tracks, but ended up in dead ends or villages with no connection. So we went on a track towards Doi Phui, but I just couldn't find the single track, everything overgrown and actually the first time I regret I never take my gps. After searching for half an hour I finally found the single track after asking some villagers. This track was one big mess, it was impossible to make out the track and my fear of getting bitten by a snake grow bigger and bigger. This track was very tricky, every 50 m bamboo blocking the road so we had to bend down plus not seeing what's underneath what a shite....somehow we managed to through this Siamese Salad with all kind of ingredients. We stopped at the grave site up on the top of the mountain to take some rest, short rest....

The rest of the trip we worked our way back towards Mae Hiar by then it was already after four in the afternoon.

Well George it was fun riding with you, take care brother and see you one fine day....

Don't worry Rudi, Paul and myself will do our best to keep you happy on the terrain you like to ride!

I'm back from work next week so hoipefully next weekend.

Good luck George.

George !!! We're gonna miss your stunts.

Good luck to you

Ally

Very sad to see George gone, he was one of the Chiang Mai, off-road characters, with some great energy, i'm sure he'll be back from Rayong soon when all the earthquake-resistant homes have been finished. We'll probably be going out next Friday Rudi, a few of us are still healing and in a few weks they'll be many, great photo's by the way, did you get a new camera or is it the new forum software?

Very sad to see George gone, he was one of the Chiang Mai, off-road characters, with some great energy, i'm sure he'll be back from Rayong soon when all the earthquake-resistant homes have been finished. We'll probably be going out next Friday Rudi, a few of us are still healing and in a few weks they'll be many, great photo's by the way, did you get a new camera or is it the new forum software?

Hey everyone,
thanks for your replies, so now I am single again and can enjoy riding freely with anybody I want (just kidding)

So here's the Video Link from all this Craze Maze Daze:

[video=youtube_share;YVv0oGaaOVM]http://youtu.be/YVv0oGaaOVM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry Rudi, Paul and myself will do our best to keep you happy on the terrain you like to ride!

I'm back from work next week so hoipefully next weekend.

Good luck George.

Cool, maybe this time it will be...

Back
Top Bottom