The "Blue Temple" in Chiangrai

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Have my niece over on holiday from the Netherlands and she asked if I had seen the Blue Temple as that was one of the 'Must See's" in the North of Thailand. Never heard about that temple but a few messages to friends and a Google search showed that the blue temple is also known as Wat Rong Suea Ten and is located just north of the Kok River and east of Highway 1 - Coordinates: N19.92336 E99.84175.

We had a quick look - lots of minivans, buses and Chinese and difficult to find a parking place - not really something I like. Once we entered the temple we both decided after 2 minutes that this temple was a bit to blue to our liking and we left without really seeing all the blue things on show.

Just a few pictures:

20171114_130134.jpg

20171114_130342.jpg

20171114_130008.jpg

20171114_125754.jpg

BT outside.jpg

The artwork of this temple is stunning, I find it very beautiful but I than again, I have seen it in person :).

It fits as a tourist designation in Chiang Rai inline with the "White Temple", "Black Temple/Village" and now "Blue Temple".
And in line with the "White Temple" it is indeed packed with tourists and minivans but unfortunately the available space at "Blue Temple" is far less.

So, please do not write it off, go see it's beauty in person and try to look through the tourist mass.......

Back
Top Bottom