Steam-trains, Castles and an old Harley

The last pic, from Heathrow Terminal 4.

DSC00252.jpg

So the sun has set on a wonderful month in the United Kingdom.

The ride is over and the report submitted, but Mr 'Steaminjungle' has sent me a very interesting episode from 'Time Team' in which they perform
an archaeological dig on Holy Island, near Lindisfarne Castle.

I have added it to my report (page 5) because it is relevant and may interest many here.
It reveals ancient horse-eaters and beer brewers of Holy Island!

The ride is over and the report submitted, but Mr 'Steaminjungle' has sent me a very interesting episode from 'Time Team' in which they perform
an archaeological dig on Holy Island, near Lindisfarne Castle.

I have added it to my report (page 5) because it is relevant and may interest many here.
It reveals ancient horse-eaters and beer brewers of Holy Island!

Added here & actually inserted for ease of use.

Ally

Terrific pictorial report Ron: many thanks.

I know you had a good un this time in the ol' country but was it better than China ? Of course the beer was better and the roads were better, but all that blasted rain.

I really enjoyed the Shangrila area of China but, as a tour, this UK ride was much more enjoyable.
Having a knee that actually functioned this time helped too.

Blessed to read the adventures of Two Wheels

I really enjoyed the Shangrila area of China but, as a tour, this UK ride was much more enjoyable.
Having a knee that actually functioned this time helped too.

What an amazing epic journey. I would love to see your final map of exactly where you went. Thaks so much for sharing your ride. You certainly got the steam trains in the end

Yes, I know Auke.
No hurry for map.

Oh, and a belated 'thank you' to Ally for making 'Time Team' more visible.
Superb episode.

Geez mate... you missed the high spots... Birmingham and Manchester

Hi Auke
Crossed my mind but seems an odd thing to have on a roadmap - although someone did try navigating round the UK using a road atlas. What map are you using?
Tim.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Captain_Slash International Ride Reports 4
Back
Top Bottom