State of the roads : MHS to Mae Sot, and 2195/211 along Mekong

oldbloke

Bikes
Aprilia SL750 Shiver in Aus., rentals in LOS
Just doing some advanced planning and research of potential rides in the next couple of months. It's years since I went down to Mae Sot along the border road - there were long sections of dirt back then - is it all sealed now?
And I've read reports that suggest the ride along the Mekong around Chiang Khan is pretty potholed.. has anyone ridden it recently? Thanks in advance :vee:

The 105 from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot has been widened and apart from one short section (about 3 km] its fully paved now

Chiang Saen to Chiang Khong was under construction late January for quiet a bit especially at the Chiang Khong end, still rideable though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The 105 from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot has been widened and apart from one short section (about 3 km] its fully paved now

Thanks for that, Colin.... I guess I can manage 3km of dirt :ride:.... as long as it's not a quagmire :):lost That's a lovely part of the planet down around there.

When do you head back to old blighty?

Last year when I was on that road, it was still potholed but they were upgrading parts here and there. However, there are quite a large number of heavy trucks using that road (hauling sand near Chiang Khan and cement, etc. near the Thali to Kenethao bridge to Laos) that upgraded parts quickly deteriorate.

Thanks for that, Colin.... I guess I can manage 3km of dirt :ride:.... as long as it's not a quagmire :):lost That's a lovely part of the planet down around there.

When do you head back to old blighty?

I fly out from Chiang Mai on 30th march Jim

Back
Top Bottom