Some Success in Getting Thai Students to Wear Helmets

^ hope it catches on Ron.

Maybe they can put some artwork on them to make them more popular and trendy with the kids.Good place to start.

I think it's the only place to make a change Loop.
Police 'campaigns' are useless and emulating adult behaviour is dangerous (mostly).

I hear that some schools are making the wearing of helmets to and from school a part of the actual school uniform.

This is very good news , but education should start with the parents of the children , to enforce the Thail law requirement for all riders and pillion[FONT=&quot] to wear safety helmet's[/FONT], or would it just be much easy to issue fines of 1000 B or more to the offenders, hurt the Thail pocket that's the only way IMO.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

I agree with Ron,get the kids/new generation and hopefully they'll be able to persuade there parents that they are doing the wrong thing...maybe too late for them as the non wearing of helmets is embedded in their culture.

But why has it taken so long to get kids to wear hats ? A friend of ours in Hua-Hin several years ago was knocked off her scooter by a BKK taxi coming out of school. Oh yes the driver paid for her hospital stay but not for the pain. Now if the teachers were to of put this latest idea into their heads back then the girl might not of lost a lot of blood and hair from her head. But as in the video " You can't teach old dogs new tricks ". A 200B lid or a 200B fine , no choice you would think. Trouble is parents of school kids in the main can't see this.

2002-11-01_Maron-Thailand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom