Small World Festival @ Mae Hong Son

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand staff in MHSorn this Festival is to be held on 23rd December (not 24th as per calendar).
(Lucky I checked today ... thanks Tim)

Small World Festival, Mae Hong Son

www.toysforthailand.org/small-world-festival-december-24-2012.html

1337213592toys_for_thailand_logo.png

What We Do

Hill Tribes is a term used to refer to the various tribal peoples living today in the mountainous areas of northern Thailand. Each of these tribal peoples has their own language, culture, religious beliefs and mode of dress. The most important tribes are the Akha, Lisu, Hmong, Karen, Lahu and Shan.

In Thailand they are ethnic minorities and often do not hold citizenship of the country.Life for many of Thailand's Hill Tribe peoples can be difficult. Their language, costume and culture makes them stand out from the crowd and frequent legal problems over Thai citizenship can make it hard for many of them to earn a living. Their standard of living is generally low, many live in absolute poverty.

Unemployment, alcoholism and drug addiction are widespread.In the areas of Myanmar bordering northern Thailand, where the authority of the central Burmese regime is limited, the Shan people have been engaged for years in fierce fighting with the Burmese government.

There are also local drug lords fighting out drug wars. The victims of this fighting are Hill tribe people, many of whom had to cross the border into the mountainous areas of northern Thailand. Newly arrived, they do not speak the Thai language, have no right to a Thai national identity card, no right to purchase land and no right to education or healthcare

[More...]

Thanks for spotting that Ron, I have amended the title & the content to reflect your info.

:)

Ally

Well, that's the date TAT MHS gave me today.
They should know.
However, ........ :RE

What bike will you be riding Tim?
If I can get there I'd like to meet you.

Hi
I have just bought a CRF in CM and intend to ride over on that. Running in at the mo, already dropped it on the dirt trail up Doi Suthep. Case of running before I could walk methinks. Ta for the handbook download.
Tim.

Back
Top Bottom