Sidi Crossfire SRS Boots

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Anyone had any experiences with these? they get some really good reviews. Nice compromise between comfort and protection

The lowest I can see them on ebay is for $525 but The Paddock in Bangkok has them for $450 (13,500 Baht)!!! is this possible or could they be fake? "I seems to good to be true" and all that..

http://www.paddock.co.th/2011/onlin...page=flypage.tpl&product_id=157&category_id=4

1009_atvp_01_ih+sidi_crossfire_sr_boot_available_in_black_white+crossfire_sr_white_black.jpg

I have a pair of those gleaming white ones with the gold buckles that were reflecting the sun into Johns eyes the day I hurt my knee up the hill!

VERY comfy boots, but like the last pair of Sidis I had, they do tend to show wear and tear much faster than, say, Gaerne boots.

Useful to be able to buy spare plastics for them though. And they are a lot lighter than G SG-12's which makes my poor old knees happy.

LUFC said:
I have a pair of those gleaming white ones with the gold buckles that were reflecting the sun into Johns eyes the day I hurt my knee up the hill!

VERY comfy boots, but like the last pair of Sidis I had, they do tend to show wear and tear much faster than, say, Gaerne boots.

Useful to be able to buy spare plastics for them though. And they are a lot lighter than G SG-12's which makes my poor old knees happy.

Daz, PM sent

I don't think ill go for the prince charming "white" ones, black and white will do for now until my riding improves :lol3

My mate bought a pair and he said the were the most comfortable boots he has ever had, the wear does show up more but if you go for a black pair they will not look too shoddy...

Hassman said:
My mate bought a pair and he said the were the most comfortable boots he has ever had, the wear does show up more but if you go for a black pair they will not look too shoddy...

Darren looks like a rapper in his white ones with the gold buckles.

darren boots.jpg

I don't think I would have the discipline (or the wife :roll: ) to keep those white ones clean. I'm going to go for the black/white in the first post.

FWIW, my sidi's fell apart within a year, the straps dont seem to hold up at all well compared to other brands, I have a set of 5,000baht Thor boots that have lasted much better..

Paddock in Bangkok has a pretty decent range of boots available, AStars, SIDI are the best represented and they have mega deals going on older 2009,2010,2011 boots. I picked up a set of Alpinstars racing boots there yesterday for 11,500baht, when in england the same boots are 17,000.

Another thing with the Sidi's is make sure you tighten and re-tighten all the screws holding them together, mine were forever coming loose and falling out..
Good luck.

New high-end boots from Fox:

Sidi will be my next choice.
After using Alpinestars for many years, The Tech 10 model is a real disappointment when the soles started falling off! $600.00 I would think they would last more than 2 years.
This seems to be a wide spread problem with these boots, some local guys here in Vientiane fell victim to the floppy soles as well, With a couple e mails to the head office The Dirt Shop in Bangkok replaced the boots. However the replacements only lasted a month before the rubber started peeling on those!

Alpinestar-tech-10.jpg

Get some 3M 5200 on them, i'd be shocked of it didn't work

Midnitemapper said:
After using Alpinestars for many years, The Tech 10 model is a real disappointment when the soles started falling off! $600.00 I would think they would last more than 2 years.
This seems to be a wide spread problem with these boots, some local guys here in Vientiane fell victim to the floppy soles as well, With a couple e mails to the head office The Dirt Shop in Bangkok replaced the boots. However the replacements only lasted a month before the rubber started peeling on those!

[attachment=0:1h3hnhwz]Alpinestar-tech-10.jpg[/attachment:1h3hnhwz]

I had a pair of tech 8's, completely fell apart after 2 years. I've now got a pair of crossfires, they may scuff quickly but from most reports are long lasting. They have hinged soles, are really comfortable and flexible. I think for ppl with wide feet they may be a bit tight. The tech 8's felt like moon boots.

View attachment 4322

MM
Had that happen with AS Tech 2's

Local Cambodian shoe repairer stitched them up for a couple of dollars.
Stitching on toe already getting frayed though

20120829_120621.jpg

im gonna try these next.More of an allrounder but ive heard great reports on these.Ive seen these advertised on ebay for $300 free delivery anywhere.anyone tried these.
Product Details - Andy Strapz

i get my self sidi adventure gore-tex for 12000 bath, seem like asean country is selling at much cheaper prices compare with western country ....

sidi_adventure_gore_main_detail.jpg

Attachments

• sidi_adventure_gore_main_detail.jpg
    sidi_adventure_gore_main_detail.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,328
Back
Top Bottom