Scrambling and Camping around Kucking area..

Biggs

Anyone into off-road riding around Kuching?

I normally ride with a fairly large group but they tend to ride fast. Now have a couple of friends into more casual, laid-back pace, enjoying picnics and swimming at waterfalls.

We all ride KLX 150s.

Welcome to join if shared interest..?

20150412_122009_HDR.jpg

Only if you promise to bring more chicken, Phil is your man for that area.

Check me out on Facebook when you come, Alan Carr.

I'll introduce myself... Orang putih from the UK, just outside London. I'm a professional writer, doing adverts, brochures, webpages etc. I've lived in Kuching about 12 years now, 10 of them continuously. I'm married to a local Malay lady, 10th anniversary this year.

Don't speak much Malay. Saya cuba begitu tapi rumit-rumit jika orang lama lah... Besides, most people here speak some English, so my Malay and their English we get by :)

Been riding off-road for the last 3 years or so, roughly every other weekend, sometimes with long gaps. Previously had an MLE XTM200R, very nice bike but a motard really, suspension too hard and I finally gave up trying to buy a softer suspension leg. Previously to that had a Honda MTX200R (notice that's XTM, backwards?) which was a very capable 2 stroke. However it was 30 years old and a pig to start or find parts for.

I'm also into fishing and have my own little 23 ft speedboat, a restored wreck.

So, that's me. :)

My current ride is a Kawasaki KLX 150 S, the smaller version with 16/19 inch wheels. It will be further modified later, for now I have changed the handlebars and wheels for alloy, fitted a stainless free-flow exhaust and changed the rear sprocket from 44 to 48 teeth for better hill climbing. The bike is named Biglet, because he's a "big little thing". I like the fact it's small, light and easy to handle, as i'm nearly 50, with a dodgy knee...

Oh yea, and recently upgraded the clutch to a race-spec version with bigger springs and more bite.
I thought I just inserted an image but I don't see it? Try again... 20150404_081523_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20150412_132901.jpg
    20150412_132901.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 313
Alex of biking, jetski and singing fame? Of course. We are friends on FB though I don't think I've met him yet. Mmm... I should invite him..

Back
Top Bottom