Royal Purple engine oil available in Thailand

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Royal Purple engine oil available in Thailand

Many independent reviews say that the Royal Purple brand is one of the best engine oils around.

Ron, who owns the Bike Haven 2089 in Saraburi, is the Royal Purple engine oil importer in Asia, he can supply the following engine oils:

Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil.10W/40
Royal Purple HPS (High Performance Street Motor Oil) 10W/40
Royal Purple XPR (Extreme Performance Racing Oil) 10W/40
Royal Purple XPR 2-C (Extreme Performance Racing 2-Cycle Oil)
Royal Purple Max Cycle 10W/40 and 20W/50
Royal Purple PURPLE ICE..Coolant

His Royal Purple website:

http://bikerhaven2089.com/?page_id=802

royal purple asia.jpg

Contact Ron for more details at:

ron AT bikerhaven2089.com

I used to use this in my KTM 450 EXC as I was living just down the road from Ron. It is fantastic oil and will be using it in my current bikes as well.

When I got my KTM there were 60 hrs on the bike and I had no idea of what oil was used. I found a small amount of metal particles on the magnetic sump plug when changing the oil so curious I did a google search and found that this was a normal for these bikes and nothing to be worried about.

Once changing over to Royal Purple I never saw any more particles on the sump plug so that was enough for me to keep using it.

Do stay away from the Royal Purple chain lube; it goes absolutely everywhere when you get some speed up, I reckon I had more chain lube on my left boot than was left on the chain after a ride....

The chain lube is a wax (Max Chain) and as applied uses a solvent carrier. You need to let it evoporate which leaves the wax behind. I used it on my KTM's chain with no problems at all and is very clean as well. I applied it after washing the bike and let it sit overnight.

Davevb said:
The chain lube is a wax (Max Chain) and as applied uses a solvent carrier. You need to let it evoporate which leaves the wax behind. I used it on my KTM's chain with no problems at all and is very clean as well. I applied it after washing the bike and let it sit overnight.

Magic! So that explains why I was covered in the shit then...

He can get it in bulk I think so you just pour some in a pump bottle which works out cheaper.

Davevb said:
He can get it in bulk I think so you just pour some in a pump bottle which works out cheaper.

I'll have to ask around and see if people want to do a bulk order and fill their own pump bottles from it.

Personally struggle to see how a pump bottle would give the kind of directional constant spray thats useful when applying..

Yeah I know what you mean but it is pretty easy, you don't have to continually spin the wheel just as you spray then a bit of overlap and spray again. The good thing about wax is that it is just that and not a big deal with over spray like the greases. I never felt it a hassle doing it that way but this was on my dirt bike and I would probably be more anal on my street bike. They do sell the Max Chain in aerosol cans.

Straight Water/Purple Ice Info

I have been in contact with Ron about some Royal Purple items.

One in particularly was the Purple Ice. I noticed on the Royal Purple web site they said to contact them if you plan to run straight water and Purple Ice.

I received a quick response from Technical Services:

When using straight water or high water percentages we recommend NOT using distilled or de-ionized water, and instead use bottled filtered DRINKING WATER. The reason for this is that the antifreeze assists Purple Ice in fighting the corrosiveness of the water, as the antifreeze percentage is reduced less is available for corrosion fighting and the form of water you choose will make a difference to the soft aluminum cooling system parts that are easily corroded. Distilled and de-ionized water are extremely corrosive and should not be used in mixtures other than a 50/50 water antifreeze mix. Filtered drinking water has a small amount of minerals that tends to pacify a water’s ionic need to dissolve and absorb minerals, like soft aluminum radiators. This makes it a much less corrosive form of water and the form preferred in the high water or all water mixtures, and will not present a mineral scaling issue like some well waters and city waters can.

The Purple Ice dosage in a straight water mixture (as also used at most race tracks) is approximately 2 ounces per quart.

The Purple Ice dosage in a 80% water and 20% antifreeze and also most other similar ratios in between 50/50 and straight water is approximately 1.5 ounces per quart.

The Purple Ice (part #01600, 12- oz bottle) dosage in a 50/50 water/antifreeze OE type mixture is approximately 1 ounce per quart.

Thank you for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Jim Morrissey

Technical Services

RP Logo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Vendors 0
Back
Top Bottom